Project Engineer (EIO)
Posted on Jun 1, 2020 by Capita
Job Title - Project Engineer (EIO) (electrical installations & overhead line)
Location - Manchester, Square 1 or Birmingham, Baskerville Place
About the role/project: Rates - £369.07 LTD/Umbrella or £322.24 PAYE
In Scope of IR35
Working on the works delivery programme which covers Marylebone to 10 miles within the Scottish border including Manchester and Birmingham. There are x 6 programmes in total. There are growing teams covering track, OHL & P&D. The team are also building a lot of electrical refurbishments and building works
- Implement Network Rail systems and procedures to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation. Liaise with regulators and others as appropriate.
- Monitor specific projects managed by Infrastructure Investment so that they are engineered to the standards and specification of Network Rail, allocated design and construction contracts include reference to and are compliant with appropriate Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards, formal specifications and procedures.
- Manage all engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
- Maintain the use of relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to allocated projects and manage the environmental aspects of allocated projects in accordance with Network Rail's environmental policy.
- Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
- Provide project management advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision. Manage so that the design and/or construction elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
- Monitor so that the contractor's design/construction/specialists personnel are competent.
- Undertake reviews of design and/or construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design, construction, testing and commissioning and management systems is adequate.
- Carry out the duties of designated project engineer (DPE) for specific projects.
- Identify and share best practice across the various project teams.
Your experience will include:
- Project experience
- Network Rail standards
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.