Posted on Jun 1, 2020 by Siemens Healthineers
Marketing Director, Specialty Segments - LD North America, will lead a team of Marketing Managers and Product Managers responsible for driving and developing the value propositions and effective commercial strategies to increase the instruments' install base for Hematology, Drugs of Abuse (Syva) and Plasma Protein, and grow the associated reagent business.
The Marketing Director, Specialty Segments will lead the development and implementation of marketing programs, channel and pricing strategies to ensure the growth and expansion of assigned portfolio and be responsible for overall product positioning strategies and product commercial lifecycle management for the U.S. marketplace.
The Marketing Director, Specialty Segments is the key liaison with Global Product Marketing to provide the US customer perspective and collaborate in development of product business cases to drive the Specialty Segments Instrument portfolio strategy and prioritization of instrument development resources to meet the needs of the US customer market.
Candidate must be able to articulate the innovation and positioning of Company Healthineers products to the clinical community and have strong appreciation for the technical needs and challenges of diagnostics industry in the US market. Additionally, have and maintain expert knowledge of the competitive landscape (menu breadth/depth and development pipelines), and technical expertise in clinical instrument utilization.
- Effectively manage the team of Marketing & Product Managers; drive performance, employee engagement and cultivate a high performing culture
- Oversee the planning of Specialty Segments instrumentation including pricing, positioning, targeting, promotion, sales education & customer rollout.
- Work closely with core laboratory marketing teams to ensure portfolio synergies and alignment on go to market strategies.
- Develop and deliver expert-level customer presentations on the clinical advantages of the Company Healthineers product portfolio.
- Build long term relationships with key management within customer accounts.
- Responsible for portfolio life-cycle management for US Specialty Segments portfolio, ensuring effective product health communications and end of sales notifications in collaboration with Global Product Marketing.
- Coordination with Clinical/Scientific marketing team for development and use of collaboration studies.
- Position is based out of the Tarrytown office with ability to travel 25% when needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Education Minimum of BA/BS degree in medical health sciences (Medical Technology, biology, clinical Chemistry, etc.) or in business or marketing
8 or more years' marketing experience and strong in both marketing and lab diagnostics
8 or more years' experience managing direct reports
In-depth knowledge of the lab and competitive laboratory testing methodologies, especially in area of Hematology, Drugs of Abuse and Plasma Protein testing
Excellent and demonstrated skills in leading people, driving accountability and providing creative customer communication
Excellent and demonstrated skills in interpersonal communications and presentation skills
Excellent and demonstrated skills in MS software application