Senior data engineer
Posted on Jun 1, 2020 by Claremont Consulting Ltd
we are proud to have partnered with a well know Logistics company who are currently looking for a Senior data engineer for their Stockholm office. My client offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial working environment. Ideal candidates will be a self-starter, passionate about modern big data technologies and will relish the challenge of building and maintaining robust architecture designed to support near Real Time analytics.
Design and build batch and Real Time data pipelines and microservices on our industry-leading data platform, in GCP and AWS.
Build, deploy and operate algorithms in production
Work closely with data scientists to ensure their algorithms are scalable, maintainable and robust.
Write automated tests for your code
Conduct design and code reviews.
Be platform agnostic, comfortable working in GCP, AWS or Azure.
Work closely with business stakeholders to create solutions for their requirements.
What they look for in a candidate:
- 3+ years of Python, Java, Scala, C# or equivalent languages. Solid coding ability in OO, procedural and functional programming.
- Working with cloud technologies, eg GCP, AWS or Azure.
- Test automation, particularly for data pipelines.
- Experience with Big data storage (eg HIVE, HBase, Cassandra, HDFS etc)
- Experience with Big data processing (eg Spark, MapReduce, Apache Kafka etc)
- Knowledge of search engines such as Elastic search
- Great communication skills in English, Swedish would be a huge bonus.
- B.S./M.Sc./Phd Computer Science or equivalent experience
They are offering a lucrative package for the right candidate. This is a great opportunity to work with an exciting data-driven business. Apply ASAP as the client is currently holding interviews.