Home Care Aide
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Wesley Enhanced Living
Do you aspire to enhance the lives of others while enjoying a positive work environment?
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is dedicated to making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. If you are looking for an inspiring and rewarding workplace, Wesley Enhanced Living is a great place to be!
Wesley Enhanced Living is a retirement community providing Independent Living, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing services to senior adults. We are seeking individuals whose values align with Wesley Enhanced Living's values of Grace, Honor, and Integrity. Ideal candidates will be:
- Kind and Compassionate
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Committed to Moral and Ethical Principles
- Driven to Provide Enhanced Living to Our Residents
Wesley Enhanced Living is working to set a new paradigm in aging services by always doing the right thing and we need YOU to help us discover new ways to achieve this goal.
Discover the Art of Living and Working WEL
The Home Care Aide is responsible for performing duties assigned on the Plan of Care and assists residents with daily activities.
Home Care Aide essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform duties as assigned on the Plan of Care located in the Home Partners office and the Care binder in the client's apartment.
- Assist clients with Activities of Daily Living not limited to
- Oral hygiene
- Provide for a clean, safe, healthy environment for client and family members.
- Provide light housekeeping which includes laundry and changing of bed linens.
- Assist in meeting the clients nutritional needs by assisting with meal preparation, grocery shopping, dishes and kitchen clean-up.
- Remind client to take self administered medications.
- Observe and report any changes in client's mental, physical or emotional condition to Director or immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and a professional relationship with client, family members and coworkers.
- Participate in monthly in-service/staff meetings and annual continuing education programs.
- Complete required documentation in client's Care Binder of services delivered.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding client information
- Other reasonable related duties as assigned.
- Provide companionship including but not limited to
- Talking and listening
- Reading aloud
- Providing social and emotional support
- Promote the clients mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest
- Assist with Instrumental Activities of Daily Living that may include but not limited to:
- Assisting with telephone calls
- Letter writing
- Accompanying client on walks, community trips, doctor office visits, beauty salon etc.
- Position requires flexibility including weekends and holidays
Related Experience: 1 year experience as a Home Health Aide preferred
Education or Degree Requirement:
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: None
Equal Opportunity Employer