Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Wesley Enhanced Living
Do you aspire to enhance the lives of others while enjoying a positive work environment?
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is dedicated to making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. If you are looking for an inspiring and rewarding workplace, Wesley Enhanced Living is a great place to be!
Wesley Enhanced Living is a retirement community providing Independent Living, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing services to senior adults. We are seeking individuals whose values align with Wesley Enhanced Living's values of Grace, Honor, and Integrity. Ideal candidates will be:
- Kind and Compassionate
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Committed to Moral and Ethical Principles
- Driven to Provide Enhanced Living to Our Residents
Wesley Enhanced Living is working to set a new paradigm in aging services by always doing the right thing and we need YOU to help us discover new ways to achieve this goal.
Discover the Art of Living and Working WEL
The Dining Aide is responsible for creating an enjoyable dining experience for residents and their guests in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with WEL established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the management and supervisory staff, to assure that quality service is provided at all times.
Dining Aide essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for creating an enjoyable dining experience for residents and their guests.
- Follows established style and order of service while serving in the main dining room and at special functions. Checks with hostess on duty for special meal arrangements for given meal and carry out plan throughout shift.
- Is familiar with menu, including key ingredients and preparation methods.
- Set and reset tables quickly and accurately according to meal requirements of the health center.
- Ensure that all glassware, china and flatware are clean and chip-free.
- Serve residents promptly in an orderly and well-mannered way, following accepted standard meal service routines.
- Bus tables and load and unload tray in organized way to expedite tasks.
- Follow proper storage procedures for any food items (label, cover, date etc).
- Follows all safety and sanitation rules and regulations.
- Possesses the ability to follow instructions, work well with others and maintain a good rapport with residents.
- Refers all problems to host/hostess or member of the management and supervisory staff.
- Follows rules concerning required uniform and personal appearance. Consistently present a clean, professional appearance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fire safety procedures, and assists with evacuation of residents to a safer location in the event of fire or other emergency.
- Cooperates with staff of other departments in performing job duties.
- Identify safety hazards or acute resident problems and inform manager of needed attention.
Related Experience: Previous experience in food service is preferred
Education or Degree Requirements: None
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: None
Equal Opportunity Employer