Production Lead $500 sign-on
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Cornerstone Building Brands
- The Door Lead oversees manufacturing activities for one or more plant lines or areas. Directs, advises and trains manufacturing team members in accordance with established manufacturing policies to ensure production demands are met. Ensures all activities are focused on safety, quality and efficient production.Essential Functions:
- Complies with and enforces all company safety policies to ensure accident free facility, which includes, but is not limited to, assisting in identifying and correcting machine and work area safety issues, as well as conducting accident investigations as required.
- Provides direction to all production team members to ensure all key metrics are met accurately and in a timely manner.
- Monitor line staffing, and recommend plans to adjust staffing levels daily, to achieve established goals for each line of responsibility to ensure production levels are met while controlling manpower costs.
- Performs routine line checks several times daily to ensure efficiency and to check on progress of machine, production and personnel.
- Sustain manufacturing methods, such as 5S, PQCDSM, Problem Solving, Visual Management, Line Organization and KPI's (Key Production Indicators). Ensure compliance with TQC process and other quality measures.
- Ensure, through the Company's On-Boarding and Peer Mentoring programs, that associates are adequately trained to perform their jobs and properly mentored/trained in proper procedures and compliance.
- Ensures all components and paperwork for next schedule are ready.
- Interacts with other shift Team Leaders, Supervisors, Quality Assurance, Production Staff and Warehouse operations to achieve smooth production runs.
- Works closely with maintenance personnel to ensure all equipment is running at optimal levels for expected output and product quality.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Team Building
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Strategic Decision making
- Drive for results
- Customer Focus
- Facilitating Change
- Align Performance for Success
- Leading Through Vision and Values
- Identifying and Developing Talent
- Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Mathematics (general and applied knowledge)
- Education: High School Diploma or EquivalentKnowledge: Communication: Demonstrated oral and written communication skills combined with the ability to coach, train, and mentor all levels of associate. Read and understand instructions, safety expectations, etc. Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar, using all parts of speech. Speak with poise, voice control and confidence using correct English and well-modulated voice.Leadership: Ability to develop and play a team member role with other plant members. Flexibility to work overtime and weekends, as well as off shift as required.Mathematics: Deal with system of real numbers; algebraic solution of equations; and probability and statistical inference. Apply fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion.Other: Familiar with MS OfficeAt Ply Gem Windows, we offer great benefits that include:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Tuition reimbursement, Company Paid Life Insurance, 11 Paid Holidays, and Paid time off.
- Diverse Culture
- Company growth opportunities
- Employee Activities
- Rewards Program
- And much more!
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.