WebSphere Commerce Developer
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Wunderman Thompson Commerce
WebSphere Commerce Developer
As a result of continuing growth, we are looking for a few strong WebSphere Commerce Developers with varying levels of experience. Candidates with exposure to web based J2EE technologies required to deliver successful Client projects, including installing, configuring and developing customised code for WebSphere Commerce. You will also be involved in developing custom Controller Commands, EJBs and JSPs, performing the maintenance and modification of programs currently in production and coding new applications from predefined program specifications.
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel!
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win - we win!
The techy bit .we need you to be really great at:
- WebSphere Commerce (WC) functional architecture (eg store, catalog, merchandising, marketing, orders)
- WC frameworks (eg Command framework, MVC,)
- WC search
- Common WC data models (User, Orders, Catalogs, Promotions etc.)
- WC messaging infrastructure (inbound and outbound, REST, MQ, BOD)
- WC persistence layer (SDO and EJB/access/data Beans)
- Customisation of all of the above
- WC development environment, SVN and GIT repos
- Java and J2EE development (eg JSP, EJB, JPA, Struts, Spring, core JAVA)
- Develop performant and secure code (incl. SQL) for high-traffic production use, following pre-defined principles and guidelines
- Demonstrate and develop to WC best practices, especially with regards to security and customisations
- Have a working knowledge of Dynacache
- Have good Front End development skills in HTML, CSS and JS frameworks (eg JQuery) and are familiar with Ajax
If you know any of this even better
- An understanding of WC architecture and deployment models (eg 3-tier, de-coupled storefront/search)
- Experience developing headless WC solutions
- An interest in the ongoing developments of WC (eg xC programming model, JPA)
- Web-tier configuration experience (eg Apache)
- Working knowledge of Application Server technologies (eg WebSphere Application Server)
- Having worked on solutions utilising edge-caches and CDNs
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is a global eCommerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to make a big impact through eCommerce.
How? By creating outstanding websites and inspired shopper journeys. It's why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as GAME, Halfords, Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.
Tell me more! We're an inclusive group of more than 1550 thinkers and doers from WPP's leading commerce agencies: Salmon, POSSIBLE Commerce and Gorilla Group alongside two Amazon specialists - all under the world-renowned Wunderman brand. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready sites, solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.
With new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two other agency offices in London, we've got 20 locations mapped across Europe, North America and Asia within the wider group.
As our business grows internationally, we're seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best eCommerce sites and experiences in the world.