Data Lead (Looker/SQL/eCommerce)
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Venturi Limited
Data Lead ( Looker/SQL/eCommerce )
A leading eCommerce company is on the lookout for a Data Lead ( Looker/SQL/eCommerce ) to join the fun!
This company is an innovative, E-commerce firm who specialise in worldwide online fashion and bespoke retail.
They are looking for an experienced Data Lead ( Looker/SQL/eCommerce ) to empower data-driven decision making through delving and surfacing the most relevant insights from data as they strive to become a data-driven business
The company are currently undergoing a Big Clean-up of their current Looker instance, and need the skills in house to help build new and refine existing ones.
You will have leadership responsibilities over 2 other Data Analysts, looking to bring in a third over the next few months.
Day to day responsibilities for the Data Lead ( Looker/SQL/eCommerce ) include:
- Produce ad-hoc/bespoke pieces of work to answer key performance Questions
- Collaborate with teams to track market trends, app user behaviour and identify new opportunities
- Design, create and launch user surveys/tests to interpret results
- Synthesis data into insights and present to the wider business
- Build dashboards to present KPI's and portray important trends
- Play an integral role in the development of their data environment to ensure they are set up to answer questions efficiently and effectively
- Build new instances and refine existing instances, helping to speed up the Looker experience
- Act as the point of call for mentorship and leadership when it comes to utilising available data sources, empower the rest of the business and promote self service.
- Liaise with all ends of the spectrum on both a technical and non technical level
- Day to day broken down:
- 20% - 30% overseeing the other analysts and their work
- 30% - 40% doing the analysis work, focussing on the more complex and heavy tasks. Discussing the findings with Head of Finance, COO, CEO and managing stakeholders.
- 20% - 30% - Helping on the Looker clean up project. Mentoring People on how to use Looker and overseeing the roll out of self-service. Looking at implementing DBT
Essential skills for the Data Lead ( Looker/SQL/eCommerce ) include:
- 3 plus years of experience in a hands on Data Analyst/Scientist Role
- Commercial experience with Looker for visualisation
- Experience in structured analysis and query optimization in SQL
- Proven experience of translating analytics into actionable insights and communicating them across the business
- Advanced Google Sheets/PowerP user
- Knowledge of building end to end data pipelines
- Commercial experience working with eCommerce/Retail/B2C
- Someone who has demonstrated continued learning - so certifications/Udemy courses etc
Desirable skills for the Data Lead ( Looker/SQL/eCommerce ) role include:
- Look ML
- AWS Redshift
This is a business that rewards hard work with autonomy, a young and vibrant culture and the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
If you are interested in applying for the above Data Lead ( Looker/SQL/eCommerce ) role, please select apply using your most recent CV