Civil Engineering Technologist
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Dillon Consulting
* Unique opportunity to join an employee-owned company, where all team members can become owners
* Work on diverse and challenging projects across Canada, while developing as a leader in your field
Dillon Consulting () is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management.
We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. We offer a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
We apply science, technology, and management to create the right solutions for our clients, as well as the communities where we work and live. Now, we need your help to do that.
As our new Civil Engineering Technologist, you will be responsible for the functional and detailed design (CADD design) of transportation and municipal infrastructure related to water supply, sewers, roads, land development site servicing, drainage and waste management.
Working with a multidisciplinary team, including engineers, planners, scientists, and technical and administrative support staff, you will also:
* Oversee construction observation and contract administration
* Contribute to business development activities including client need research, preliminary and construction surveys
* Provide input to staff career development, including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring
* Contribute to Dillon's corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
* Travel to client locations and/or other Dillon offices to execute your responsibilities, internal/external client relationship development, opportunity/project research, acquisition and project delivery
Working with Dillon Consulting
Dillon Consulting is powered by people. We employ people who are passionate about socially important projects, who are motivated to deliver superior, tangible results and are empowered to grow and develop their skills.
Dillon is an employee-owned company and we believe we are able to deliver better solutions for our clients when our team has a vested interest in the outcome.
All full time Dillon employees can own shares, and nearly 50% of Dillon employees are owners at some level.
We are passionate about building a better, smarter and more purposeful community, one that works better, functions better, and is efficient, safe and sustainable for future generations.
As part of our team, here's what else you can expect:
* Full-time, permanent role
* Competitive annual salary, health benefits and a generous retirement savings plan
* Ample vacation time, insurance, and parental leave top up
* Progressive, collaborative, and highly engaged team environment
* A diploma in civil engineering technology
* Eligible for registration as a Certified Engineering Technologist with OACETT upon completion of the mandatory work requirement
* Minimum five years' work experience, with prior consulting engineering and/or municipal experience would be considered an asset
* Knowledge of the functional and detailed design of integrated transportation and municipal infrastructure including roads, structural bridges, sewers, water mains and drainage works
* Understanding of project design and implementation activities including development of design drawings and reports, contract document preparation, tendering, and contract administration
* Experience with surveying equipment including GPS, total stations, rod and level
* Proficient in the use of current AutoCAD and Civil 3D software
* Working knowledge of Microstation/InRoads software will be considered an asset
* Knowledge of relevant municipal/provincial engineering standards and regulatory requirements
How to Apply
Please complete the online application.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We will review all applications and look forward to hearing from you.