Lead Network Engineer
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Precision System Design, Inc.
Come join an industry leader with a large, cutting edge IT shop. Apply today!
Application Delivery experience using F5 BigIP products:
? Experience managing, configuring, deploying and troubleshooting F5 BigIP LTM and DNS (GTM), and iRules.
? Works with application teams to recommend and configure optimal TCP settings, persistence, and load balancing methods.
? Understands application deployment models and terminology, Web Server (IIS/Apache or similar) basics, including terminology and basic configuration.
? Extremely strong understanding of Layers 4-7 of the OSI model.
? HTTP protocol - using HTTP analysis tools (HTTPWatch, Fiddler, browser developer's tools, or similar) to diagnose application, proxy, browser and caching behavior.
? Understands Layer 2-3 networking principles required to enable load balancing including routing, interface, VLANs, and media types.
? Network Analysis - Ability to use network traces to analyze and diagnose application and network problems and behavior. Includes expertise in TCP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP.
? Experience with Wireshark, tcpdump preferred.
? Understanding of SSL/TLS protocol, use of certificates, certificate fields and authority paths.
? Experience using Scripting languages, Python preferred
Experience managing corporate DNS infrastructure utilizing Infoblox NiOS software, or similar.
? Experience with Infoblox DNS appliances and NiOS software.
? Strong understanding of DNS fundamentals ? terminology, resolution path, record types, zone transfers, zone delegations. Understanding of DNS protocol and is able to troubleshoot DNS-related issues.
? DHCP ? understanding the service and the use and configuration of DHCP options.
? Basic of knowledge of Splunk.
We will call qualified candidates after review.
Resumes will NOT be sent to clients without your approval.
REFERRALS WANTED - $1000 REWARD!
Refer a colleague to us, and Precision will give you $1000 if we find a job for that person!
(The fine print: The referred candidate must be previously unknown to us. Start date must be within 6 months of referral.)
THERE ARE MANY IT STAFFING FIRMS YOU CAN WORK WITH.
WHY WORK WITH PRECISION?
Our Clients. We work with the best.
- We are direct vendors to Fortune 500 companies across North America
- We're the top provider of contract IT professionals to many of our clients
Our Experience. We know how to sell our candidates to clients.
- We've been in business for over 20 years, and have made thousands of successful placements
Our Background. Precision is run by former IT professionals.
- We know what it is like to be an IT consultant working in a large organization.
- We actually understand your skills. We'll make sure that you are right for the job, and that the job is right for you.
Our Reputation for Quality. Clients favor Precision's candidates.
- We take the time to learn about you so that we can best match you to our openings and sell you to our clients.
- Our clients know from experience that Precision's consultants are the most qualified and the best fit for their project teams.
Our Ethics. We pride ourselves on our ethical business practices.
- We never submit your resume without your permission, and we never give your resume to other staffing companies
- We are up front about pay rates and the interviewing process, and provide you with constant feedback.
Our Responsibility. We take seriously our obligations to our consultants.
- We always pay on time
- We offer highly competitive pay rates, as well as an opportunity to participate in our group health insurance, long term disability and 401(k) plans.
- When required, we carefully manage H1-B and Green Card applications, and involve you at every step.
- We have dedicated HR personnel that will answer the phone when you call.
THE STAFFING FIRM YOU WORK WITH MATTERS.
WORK WITH PRECISION.
Overtime : straight time