Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Lloyds Banking Group
Want a Summary of the Role?
What would you get involved with?
As our goal is to be a catalyst for change, our team is mainly focused in accelerating adoption of modern engineering practices: Cloud, Open Source, DevOps, SRE, CI/CD, etc...
We have 3 core missions:
1. Code Craft - Bring our engineers together to define, embrace and evolve the common set of principles that make up awesome software
2. Open Source - Redefining the way we Consume, Contribute and Publish Open Source
3. Cloud Ready - Help the organization reap the full benefits of cloud
As an engineering centric team, we have fair degree of autonomy about what we work on, and we strive to dedicate our effort on the most impactful work. We generally engage in two broad categories of work:
* Vertical: We work alongside other teams to provide support and guidance on how to accelerate their transformation
* Horizontal: We leverage the experience matured in the Vertical work to build or share existing cross cutting tools and practices that can be used by any team in the organization
What do you need to be considered for this job?
We welcome people from a range of role backgrounds but do need to see the following as a minimum for consideration:
* Experience of working in a cloud environment (e.g. GCP, Azure, AWS) Oh, and if you have exposure to the following that would be ideal, but please still apply if you don't! SRE, Kubernetes, container, some proficiency in Shell scripting, experience working on large projects, an awareness of security considerations and security tools.
Who are the Software Engineering Centre of Excellence?
We're a group of people pulled together by our passion for coding, experimenting, designing and learning everything that makes us better engineers, and we're relentless in putting our skills and passion at the service of our customers. Lloyds Banking Group vision is to be the best bank for customer and to realize it we have the mission to make it the best bank for Engineers!
Who are Lloyds Banking Group?
As the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first and achieve our vision of being the best bank for our customers. We're committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities we serve - where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We're proud to have received the following industry recognition: 'Stonewall Top Private Sector Employer', 'Top10 Employer for Working Families', 'The Times Top 50 Employer for Women', 'Gold Standard' and "Best Workplace Adjustments Process" from the Business Disability Forum - each demonstrating our commitment to the principles of agile working and inclusion for all.
What support will I get and how will my career grow?
As a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the scale and breadth to provide you with a diverse range of training and development opportunities, helping you achieve a rewarding and fulfilling career. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference. You'll also work in a particularly awesome area of the bank, so you'll be surrounded by passionate and progressive people who will help you develop! T
ogether we make it possible. What you'd get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression. We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us! We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
* A performance share bonus
* A generous pension contribution
* A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
* Private health cover
* 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Various share schemes including free shares
So if you have a desire to work in a challenging Engineering role in a dynamic environment with quality at the heart of thinking, whilst gaining skills and experience within a friendly and motivated team then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...