Maintenance Engineer - Rugeley - Permanent
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Spring Technology
£36,000 - £46,000 per annum
Shifts (4 on - 4 off)
Locations: Coventry, Rugby, Coalville, Daventry & Rugeley
Shift Pattern: (6am - 6pm & 6pm - 6am)
* This is an exciting opportunity to work for a world renowned logistics company that strive to be the most customer-centric company in the world and put staff, customers and passion first to provide great customer service.
* I am looking for experienced and qualified Maintenance Technicians & Engineers to join an expanding team within a highly automated and fast paced environment at numerous locations across the Midlands
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
* The purpose of these positions to ensure operations continue to run safely and smoothly 24/7
* Ensuring safety regulations and policies are adhered to, preventative maintenance is conducted on time to a high standard and to provide high levels of equipment availability through continuous improvement.
* Put health & safety best practices first in all work carried out.
* Carry out planned preventative maintenance on the full range of equipment within the site.
* React quickly to breakdowns, communicate clearly with affected parties and work efficiently to fix the issue.
* Support continuous improvement by learning from breakdowns and sending feedback and suggestions for improvements through the line manager.
* Provide high levels of equipment availability to our internal customers.
* Support and learn from Senior Maintenance Technicians.
* Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship and/or qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent
* Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines
* Experience of planned preventative maintenance systems
* Experience fault finding within MHE/Automation systems
* Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings
* Basic workshop skills
* Computer literate
* Experience of conveyor maintenance, motor controllers/inverters
* Experience of PLCs
* Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations
* Experience of contractor management
* Ability to work shifts in a 24/7 environment
* Apprentice Trained, HNC, HND, BSc, BEng
* Experience of high voltage switching
* Experience of sortation machines
* Experience of maintaining/configuring bar code scanners
* Experience of print and apply machines
* Management/Supervisory Experience
We are an equal opportunities employer
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information