Industrial Nurse, Iowa Premium, Tama, Iowa
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by National Beef Packing Co., LLC
Get a job you'll LOVE! Iowa Premium, a National Beef Company in Tama, Iowa, is looking for a qualified professional to join our team as an Industrial Nurse. With competitive pay and benefits, safe and stable work, and an environment that is caring and supportive, Iowa Premium could become your next career move!
This position is responsible for providing first aid and emergency care for occupational injuries and illness, performing required pre-employment physicals and drug screens and record-keeping and documentation of visits to health services.
- Provides first aid and medical treatment as needed and provides initial assessment of on the job injuries and illnesses and refers for further evaluation as necessary
- Conducts pre-employment physicals including fitness for duty examinations, workers compensation checks and drug screens.
- Maintains employee health records and prepares accident reports.
- Conducts accident investigations to determine cause of common injuries and illnesses.
- Communicate safety concerns to appropriate managers.
- Provides case management of all workers compensation cases and follow-up through return to work, restricted duty, and transitional work to regular duty.
- Assist company doctor during weekly clinic hours.
- Maintains first-aid kits, and orders medical supplies as needed.
- Maintains and safeguards confidentiality of employee health information and health records.
- Conducts workplace assessments with regard to health issues and exposure follow-up.
- Assists with implementation of health promotion strategies including group and individual health education activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Current license to practice as a licensed registered nurse. Bachelor's degree in nursing and license to practice as a registered nurse preferred.
- Minimum 3 years nursing experience. Experience in occupational health or emergency nursing preferred.
- Knowledge of case management, workers' compensation and OSHA regulations preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills and ability to deal effectively with a variety of people and situations.
- Ability to handle confidential information with great sensitivity.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and high motivation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel and HRIS system).
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Iowa Premium, a National Beef Company, is dedicated to being the premier supplier of premium family farm-raised corn-fed Black Angus beef. Our employees are key to our success. Come join our family!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.