Sterile Processing Technician I - Santa Monica
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by UCLA Health
Under the general direction of the Director of Perioperative Services and the MSO III of Sterile Processing at SMUCLA Medical Center and OR the incumbent will perform duties as a Central Sterile Tech I. Ability to process surgical instrumentation in a decontamination setting and sterilization of instrument trays, which are necessary to provide continuous service for all surgical procedure rooms. Operate steam, sonic equipment, heat sealers, cart washer, etc. Store, date and rotate supplies according to JCAHO policies.
- A working knowledge of aseptic technique, the sterile field and the principle of the Operating Room decontamination is required.
- Ability to demonstrate proper maintenance and cleaning of surgical instruments.
- Ability to demonstrate the correct use of autoclaves.
- Ability to demonstrate proper decontamination techniques.
- Working knowledge of bacteriology and medical terminology.
- Ability to handle heavy carts. Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Skills to collect and relay information accurately. Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with all levels of staff.
- Oral and written knowledge of the English language.
- Preferred: CRCST
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.