Grocery Merchandiser - East Valley
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Hensley Beverage Company
Hensley Beverage Company is a multi-generational, family-owned, local Arizona beverage wholesaler that distributes a wide portfolio of beverages, including Anheuser-Busch InBev (ABI) beers, top selling local and regional craft beers, premium non-alcohol beverages, and an extensive assortment of award-winning fine wines and spirits. We maintain a fine lineup of world class products, and even more importantly, a strong team of world class people.
To learn more about our brands please visit:
Predictive Index Assessments:
The next step in the screening process will be to take two separate assessments. After you apply, you will receive an email for the Predictive Index. We will not proceed in the screening process until these assessments are complete. Once you receive the email, please click on the link and complete both assessments.
We are looking for a full-time customer service oriented Merchandising Representative for our Chandler location. The route for this position will be in East Valley, AZ. As a Merchandiser, you will stock and rotate our products at assigned accounts, establish and maintain positive relationships with customers and accounts, resolve service complaints and special customer requests.
WATCH OUR VIDEO
A day in the Life of a Merchandiser at Hensley Beverage
Click on the link below (or copy and paste the link)
- Hourly rate - $14.00 hour
- Car allowance - $550.00/per month
- Cell phone allowance - $30.00/per month
- Paid holidays
- Weekly pay schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- PTO - Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan-4% Employer Match, Free$$$ for your future
- Safe Ride Home- Cab ride or UBER reimbursement
- Referral program
- Gain retail experience - Build a career in the Beverage Industry by beginning as a Merchandiser to gain understanding in customer relationships, product knowledge and distribution.
- Independence - Work independently or on a team with the support of an experienced and accomplished supervisor team.
- Career opportunity - After gaining experience and personal growth within Hensley and the Beverage Industry, you can have advancement opportunities into Bulk Drop Merchandiser (BDM), Delivery, Warehouse and Sales roles.
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) program - In-house DOT certified CDL trainers that can assist and help you obtain your CDL all on-sight within Hensley.
Maintain adequate supply of products in accounts, on shelves, and on displays by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with Merchandising Leadership to service accounts; greet customers, refill/rebuild shelves and displays; prefill and build displays for weekly ad set-up
- Stock and rotate cold shelf/cooler with product from display inventory or from the retailer's backroom
- Fill shelves and displays with product in a manner that is organized and neat
- Support displays with themed Point of Sale material to enhance sales opportunity
- Work efficiently with all tasks and obligations assigned by Merchandising Leadership
- Follow safety protocol and training while maintaining safety measures at all times
- Check and monitor Hensley Beverage and competitive shelf and display pricing
- Maintain daily reports, both physical and virtual, and report back daily to the on-duty supervisor
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Be at least 18 years of age or older
- Good communication skills and cheerful disposition
- Excellent customer service
- Must be able to work well with others
- Ability to interact with diverse personalities
- Ability to read code dates proficiently
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must have a valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Must have reliable transportation, we will provide vehicle allowance
- Must have a cell phone with data capability, we will provide cell phone allowance
- Previous beverage industry/merchandiser experience helpful, but not necessary
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspond with pertinent co-workers. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to count missing cases/product on shelves and accurately keep track.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several unanticipated but common variables in everyday situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must maintain a current Drivers license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and listen. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and handle objects throughout the day. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.