CDL Delivery Service Representative-Night (West Valley)
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Hensley Beverage Company
Hensley Beverage Company is a multi-generational, family-owned, local Arizona beverage wholesaler that distributes a wide portfolio of beverages, including Anheuser-Busch InBev (ABI) beers, top selling local and regional craft beers, premium non-alcohol beverages, and an extensive assortment of award-winning fine wines and spirits. We maintain a fine lineup of world-class products, and even more importantly, a strong team of world-class people.
To learn more about our brands please visit:
We want to make sure that we match applicants to the positions that are best suited for them. Our hiring managers use a variety of tools to help them make the best hiring decision possible. Click on the Apply Now link below and submit your resume, upon receipt, you will receive an email with a link to complete the assessment phase of the screening process. You must complete these assessments in order to be considered for these positions. Thank you for your interest!
We are looking for a full-time customer service-oriented Delivery Service Representative for one of our Hensley locations. As a CDL Delivery Service Representative, you will drive a CDL truck and/or tractor-trailer throughout an established route to deliver products to customers. Duties include restocking and rotating our products while putting away delivery loads at assigned accounts, establish and maintain positive relationships with customers and accounts, resolve service complaints, and special customer requests.
- Hourly rate - $18.50 to $20.50/hour (Depending on previous experience)
- Cell phone allowance - $30.00/per month
- Safety incentive
- Paid holidays
- Weekly pay schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- PTO - Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan-4% Employer Match, Free$$$ for your future
- Safe Ride Home- Cab ride or UBER reimbursement
- Referral program
- Gain retail experience - Build a career in the Beverage Industry by beginning as a Delivery Service Rep to gain an understanding of customer relationships, product knowledge, and distribution.
- Independence - Work independently or on a team with the support of an experienced and accomplished supervisor team.
- Career opportunity - After gaining experience and personal growth within Hensley and the Beverage Industry, you can have advancement opportunities in, Delivery, Warehouse, and Sales roles.
- Condensed work schedule - (4) - 10-hour workdays. Mon - Thurs night work schedule (off Fri, Sat & Sun)
Drive a CDL truck and/or tractor-trailer throughout the established route to deliver products to customers on time as well as restocking and rotating products while delivering products to assigned retail accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Clocks-in at the beginning of the shift and clock-out at end of shift every day.
- Reports to work on time and in a clean company-provided uniform.
- Performs a pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspection as required by AZDOT.
- Verifies product load-out prior to leaving the plant, then drives to deliver the product to the customer's place of business, collects money and checks from customers, makes the change, records transactions on the customer receipt, and obtains customer signature on receipt acknowledging pickup or delivery.
- Endorses all checks from accounts and keeps monies received in a safe, secure place.
- Work with Operations Leadership to service accounts; greet customers, refill/rebuild backstock, shelves and displays; prefill and build displays for weekly ad set-up
- Places product in the appropriate place at the account picks up empty containers/kegs or beer as instructed or required as part of the daily delivery procedure.
- Ensures rotation of back stock and displays during delivery.
- Makes suggestions to meet customer's needs and emphasizes selling points of the product.
- Listens to and resolves customer complaints.
- Upon returning to the warehouse, verifies load-in and reconciles monies received with the product sold.
- Communicates with management to report competitive activity on route.
- Check inbox daily for invoices, memos, or other pertinent company information.
- Maintains proper maintenance and cleanliness of all Operational equipment.
- Follows safety protocol and training while maintaining safety measures at all times
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 19 years of age or older
- Maintain a current/valid Arizona Commercial Drivers License
- Must have a clean driving record
- Good communication skills and cheerful disposition
- Excellent customer service
- Must be able to work well with others
- Ability to interact with diverse personalities
- Ability to read code dates proficiently
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to (50) lbs for package product and up to (165) lbs for keg product
- Must be able to work holidays
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must have a cell phone with data capability, we will provide cell phone allowance
- Previous beverage industry experience helpful, but not necessary
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspond with pertinent co-workers. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to count cases/product on delivery load and accurately keep track. Manage invoices and payment adjustments for each retail account.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several unanticipated but common variables in everyday situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must maintain a current/valid AZ Commercial Drivers license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to (50) lbs for package products and up to (165) lbs for keg product . Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.