Care Manager, RN or LPN, Part Time - 12 hr shifts - Louisville
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by BALFOUR SENIOR CARE
The RN or LPN is responsible and accountable for providing nursing services and care to assigned patients in accordance with organizational policies and all applicable regulations. Provides direct patient care, follows nursing policies and procedures and collaborates with other team members and health care providers in various care settings as needed. The RN demonstrates the ability to make clinical judgments and utilizes critical thinking in an effective and efficient manner.
About Balfour Retirement Community in Louisville, CO: This community offers a Skilled Living and Assisted Living (BRC). Our associates who work here tell us they enjoy the deep connection with residents and their families and the team work among the staff. Additionally, they appreciate the time they have with residents that is a result of our staffing model, which our recruiters and hiring managers look forward to discussing with you.
Shifts available: Part Time shifts - 12 hour shifts
Day ~ 6:30am to 7:00pm or NOC ~ 6:30pm to 7:00am
What does a RN/LPN do at Balfour Senior Living?
- Support and respect the resident's unique diversity, including spiritual and cultural beliefs
- Demonstrate proper utilization f the nursing process and performs skills reflected and validated by the RN Competency Checklist
- Comprehensively assesses resident's physical and psychological condition and provides all aspects of the resident's clinical nursing care, including medication administration, treatments, pain management and symptom management
- Report adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with company policy
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members and physician to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and update resident care plans
- Participate in the care planning process and oversees implementation of the plan
- Complete all necessary charting as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures
- Communicate with physicians regarding changes in condition, diagnostic test results, etc.
- Educate residents and their families on health-related issues
- Ensure patient safety at all times, by notifying the Care Manager of any risk factors noted
- Coordinate, guide, and assist LPN's and CNA's and ensure care is provided in accordance with care plans
- Receive reports from nursing staff on the previous shift regarding condition of the residents and care rendered and reports the same to the next shift
- Responsible for initial evaluations and management of care of a resident in emergency situations, including calling 911 and coordinating transfer of the resident to the hospital
- Participate in the Antibiotic Stewardship Program through assessment of resident and follows protocols as established by the program
- Attend staff meetings, in-service training and continuing education classes as required. Completes on-line education as assigned
· Current/valid RN or LPN license in the state of Colorado, including multi-state
· Must be CPR certified
· Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that
pertain to long-term care
· Must be competent with computer applications
· Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations of the position
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with residents, families, staff, and the community
· Observant and respectful of principles of confidentiality
· Must successfully pass organization's required background screening
· Must successfully complete organization's health screening requirements
Health & Wellness Protocols: Until further notice, interviews will take place virtually. Newly-hired associates will complete Balfour Senior Living's New Hire Orientation virtually, then receive important training about how to keep our residents, and themselves, as healthy as possible. This includes things like hand washing and social distancing. You will also follow wellness protocols developed under guidance of health agencies before entering any of our buildings. If you have any questions regarding the current protocols, please include them in your cover letter or discuss with the Balfour representative who contacts you.
Balfour is a pet-friendly community; you may be exposed to animal hair and dander.
· Scheduling variety and flexibility:1st, 2nd, overnight and PRN/Flex pool opportunities available for many positions
· Immediate healthcare coverage for eligible employees working 32 or more hours per week (Full & 3/4 time status)
· Medical, dental and vision plan coverage
· Paid time off (PTO) and sick time for full and part time employees
· Tuition Reimbursement Program
· Employee Referral Bonus Program
· Employee Resident Referral Bonus Program
ABOUT BALFOUR SENIOR LIVING
Founded in 1997, Balfour Senior Living has received national and international recognition for the quality of its exterior architecture and its elegant interior design marked by the use of a vibrant color palette and a diverse collection of fine art. With round-the-clock nursing coverage and an extensive activity program, Balfour's quality of care and life enrichment programming makes the company a leader in the growing world of senior housing. Since the first community opened in Louisville, Colorado in 1999, Balfour has grown to include nine communities in the Denver Metro area and one in Ann Arbor, Michigan. From its inception, Balfour Senior Living has sought to be the most admired senior living company in the United States.
Balfour Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) complying with state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, or racial status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, compensation, benefits, and training.