Human Resource Specialist
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by King Arthur Flour
The Position: Do you l ove to think outside the box and be an influencer? Do you have an analytical side that loves to delve into data and produce quality and timely reports? Are you looking for a job where you will never be bored and have the opportunity to lead a team called to infuse wellness initiatives throughout the workforce? How about the freedom to work independently knowing you have a collaborative team and supportive leaders? Sound good? Read on...
The Human Resource Specialist role is responsible for maintaining and updating the HRIS system, conducting compensation review with outside vendors, and other data-based projects in the department as assigned throughout the year. The role will be the liaison and first point of contact for HRIS system maintenance, reporting needs, and other key work partnerships on a project by project basis as assigned by HR Leadership and will lead a team of employee-owner (EO) participants to plan and implement a comprehensive calendar of wellness activities. Can be a hybrid of remote (up to 2 hours from our offices) and on-site work - we're flexible! How great is that?
The Benefits: Yes, we have the regular "stuff" - medical, dental, vision, company paid short- and long-term disability, life insurance, earned time to rest, paid holidays to have fun, a 401(K) with a company match. But here's what makes us different: 40 paid volunteer hours a year, profit sharing*, participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)* and knowing that those working with you are dedicated and engaged co-employee owners that believe in you and your extraordinary abilities to move us all forward. The value of a respectful and collaborative team? Incalculable!
Here's The Technical Stuff:
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Ensure compliance with the company's policies and legal guidelines. Review and maintain internal controls, policies and procedures.
• Utilizes survey vendors to conduct basic market analysis for new jobs as well as to complete bi-annual review of all positions for market comparison. Collects market information for annual merit planning process.
• Conducts initial job analysis for final review by HR Leadership for new positions or positions that have changed in scope.
• Responsible for data collection and analysis in the department scorecard/measure review. This includes creating comparative analysis for data that other HR team members submit.
• Maintains and provides master data of employee records, analytics, and reports
• Develops/maintains high-quality documentation related to processes/workflow, and integration/interface requirements
• Works with ADP to troubleshoot technical issues related to systems functionality, application development and data integrity
• Tracks and follows issues to resolution, including communications to stakeholders
• Follows standard methodologies for determining technical and operational requirements, including testing and implementation of current, new, and updated HRIS components
• Provides advice and assistance to Human Resources Business Partners regarding compensation issues
• Collaborates with HR leadership to provide information related to competitive compensation packages for new hires, promotions, transfers, changes, and other compensation actions
• Assists with the year-end compensation processes, including merit and incentives testing, data audits, training, communications, and processing. Escalates issues throughout the year during projects that either are or have the potential of being out of compliance.
• Participates in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive market information to determine the organization's competitive position
• Updates HRIS process for the organization such as performance management, open enrollment forms, and other mass transactions.
• Support benefit enrollment and health and wellness processes.
• Assist with communication, team member relations, and training.
• Documents projects within HRIS systems as well as assisting with process documentation as assigned by HR leadership.
• Participates in process improvement for all and/or various HR functions.
• Maintain employee confidence by keeping information confidential.
• Other projects and additional duties as assigned.
• Lead team of employee-owner (EO) participants to plan and implement a comprehensive calendar of wellness activities
• Manage relationship with vendors and third-party administrators engaged for wellness training and activities that are identified
• Lead communication and promotional activities around the wellness programs
• Manage annual incentive program
• Schedule all wellness sponsored activities and the annual extravaganza onsite
• Determine employee wellness interest by conducting surveys and seeking feedback through other team members
Minimum job requirements
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business or related field.
• At least two years' HRIS experience
Success factors/competencies for this role
• Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to be flexible and resilient when obstacles and priorities shift
• Excellent knowledge of Human Resources practices and principles, and all applicable labor, pay, benefits, health and safety laws and regulations.
• Ability to impact and influence decision processes and others on meaningful and relevant topics
• Comfortable and effective communicator to employees at all levels
• Proven background in data management, reporting and analysis.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines and handle shifting priorities.
• Analytical thinking as routine part of performing tasks.
• Proven planning, decision-making, presentation, organization and interpersonal skills.
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Strong computer skills with the ability to evaluate various software tools.
• Open to change, recommend actions for continuous improvement
• Think and act strategically, understand how role contributes to larger outcome
• Provide exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers
• Set high standards for oneself, meet or exceeds deadlines on a consistent basis
• Learn from mistakes and is receptive to feedback
• Participate in team problem solving and decision making
• Maintain a positive attitude
• Community minded - get involved, volunteer
Physical requirements/work environment
• Must be able to work at a computer for hours at a time each day
• Must be comfortable with working in an open office environment
• Occasional lifting of up to 10 pounds will be required
• As part of the work in this role, travel will be required to various buildings in and around the Norwich/Wilder area
• Understand that safety is the responsibility of everyone at the organization
• Responsible for providing a safe and ergonomically sound work environment, identifying unsafe conditions and correcting these conditions immediately
• Engage in safety and compliance training programs and encourage 100% team participation in same
• Adhere to company-wide green norms, look for ways to reduce, reuse, recycle
• Educate oneself on KAF environmental campaigns
• Strive to continually improve and implement new processes to reduce our environmental impact
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
There is room at our table for you! Apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law. King Arthur Flour provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow individuals to participate in both the application process and during employment. Such individuals are encouraged to seek accommodations to allow them to meet the functions and requirements of the position.
*Amounts vary based achievement of financial targets. Participation based on hire date and program entry date.