Overview We want you to join our growing team of compassionate and reliable Residential Counselors to support the wonderful individuals we serve! Community Resources for Justice (CRJ) is a unique, 140-year-old nonprofit organization. Community Strategies of Massachusetts (CSMA), a division of CRJ, supports adults with developmental or intellectual disabilities through specialized services from Day Programs, Shared Living arrangements with providers as well as over 40 community-based group homes. This is a great opportunity to receive valuable training to not only start your Human Service career but also to advance it. CRJ offers opportunities for tremendous career advancement and professional development. The average earnings for this role exceed $40,000 annually with some overtime, plus excellent benefits (401K w/ Match, Tuition Remission/Reimbursement, Medical, etc.). Responsibilities We are currently seeking a compassionate and reliable Residential Counselor to join our growing team to support our clients in the group home setting. In this crucial role you will:
- Help our clients to live a full and meaningful life.
- Implement their individual service plans based on needs and goals.
- Promote community involvement and safety
- Teach clients how to manage activities of daily living such as cleaning, cooking, shopping, budgeting, personal hygiene, health care practices, money management, traveling, self-control and leisure time
- Identify areas of crisis and defuse the situation, ensuring the safety of all concerned
- Administer medication (training provided).
- Transport clients to community activities, employment opportunities and medical appointments as necessary
- No Experience Necessary
- Minimum of High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Driver's License w/ reliable transportation (car)
- Friendly, outgoing, reliable, dependable, flexible
CRJ provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.