Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Lowe Engineers
Who We Are
Lowe Engineers is a full-service civil engineering, surveying, and mapping consultant serving a wide array of public and private sector clients. We strive to provide the highest quality product with individual needs being our highest priority. We commit to always go the extra mile and do what we say we are going to do!
We strive to create a culture of professionalism that is relationship oriented. Our Core Values demonstrate our commitment to not only our clients, but our employees and their families, as well as our entire community. We pride ourselves on our family centered atmosphere that builds employee relationships while promoting a balance of professional and private life.
Your Impact at Lowe Engineers:
- Determine scope and/or reviews traffic studies prepared by outside entities for site development/site impacts.
- Review zoning and variance applications for traffic and transportation impacts as well as right of way impacts.
- Attend Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeal, and/or City Council Meetings as needed; Review Land Disturbance Plans and/or Building Plans for traffic and transportation impacts as well as right of way impacts.
- Develops & reviews signal timing-timing parameters for new installations; analyzes traffic count data; evaluates existing signal timings.
- Performs traffic calming studies; recommends traffic calming solutions to management; ensures traffic calming devices follow applicable traffic control device regulations, standards, and specifications; presents traffic calming presentations as necessary.
- Performs crash data analysis and developed crash diagrams; develops and maintains top accident location list, recommends solutions, and monitors results.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of technical drawings, schematics, and installation plans for traffic control devices.
- Receives and responds to traffic and transportation concerns and issues and determines and recommends appropriate resolutions to maintain positive community/customer relations for the City.
- Manage Capital (sidewalk/intersection) improvement projects
- Manages Federal and State funded Transportation Projects
What You Bring to Lowe Engineers:
- Bachelor's degree in civil or traffic engineering or a closely related field with a minimum of five years recent experience in traffic or transportation engineering.
- Registration as a Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) required.
- GDOT project experience a plus.
Lowe Engineers offers a competitive benefits package to reward employees!
- 100% employer paid medical insurance offered to all full-time employees
- Competitive dental and vision plans available
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA's)
- 100% employer paid short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Shield and ID Shield
- 401K match
- Work/life balance to include paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Individualized training and mentor programs
- Professional development including certification and testing
- Professional membership support
- Employee discounts with Verizon, AT&T, and many others
- Complimentary coffee bar, office snacks, free food and fun-themed employee events
- Endless opportunities to volunteer alongside your peers. Past events include Habitat for Humanity, Red Cross Blood Drives, Brookhaven stream cleanup and multiple STEM outreach events at grade schools as well as colleges and universities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an e-mail to . Lowe also participates in the federal E-Verify Program.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.