Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by loanDepot
Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees. Come join us!
loanDepot We are America's Lender.
Our Underwriters are essential to getting our loans to the finish line quickly & most importantly- with accuracy. The Underwriter will perform a detailed review of residential mortgage loan applications and documentation as submitted through our Lending Officers. These extensive reviews will include, but not be limited to credit reports, income documentation, asset documentation, collateral and other applicable documentation as required to render an affirmed decision.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines for quick and accurate answers
- Provide quality assurance on all loan approvals
- Analyze borrower's credit profile, collateral and capacity to repay the proposed mortgage obligation
- Ensure loans meet both agency and government guidelines
- Accurately calculate borrower's income and debt-to-income ratios
- Review conditions submitted on loans and sign off on conditions where appropriate
- Communicate loan decisions to internal departments in a timely manner
- Works closely with Account Managers, Lending Officers & Management to answer specific loan questions or verify condition and documentation request
- Maintain an effective working relationship with internal and external customers
- Prioritize work queue to ensure service level agreements are met
- Consistently meet or exceed established minimum quality & productivity goals
- 3+ years' experience as an Underwriter in a similar model including multi-state experience
- DE or SARR preferred- and sometimes required based on company needs
- Experience with both refinance & purchase preferred
- Strong working knowledge of FNMA and FHLMC guidelines
- Ability to work in a fluid environment and be held to minimum production standards
- High integrity and outstanding work ethic required
- Excellent communication, follow up & computer skills
- College degree preferred, but not required
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America's Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.