Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by loanDepot
Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees. Come join us!
loanDepot We are America's Lender.
Responsible for underwriting loans for successful transaction and sale. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company's policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Underwrites 4 6 Conventional, USDA, FHA, and VA loans within company, investor, and industry guidelines per day with a standard turnaround time of 24 - 48 hours.
- Maintains a current knowledge of loan programs.
- Analyzes and issues credit decisions. Reviews and makes informed decisions on financial statements, credit reports and applicable ratios (i.e., DTI and LTV).
- Analyzes risk appropriately by assessing property information including: purchase contract, escrow instructions, and preliminary title report.
- Evaluates/examines transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness. Ensures documents are consistent and compliant. Identifies red flags on documentation.
- Assists with renegotiation of loans based on lending guidelines.
- Gathers information from agency materials to make appropriate decisions. Assigns and signs off on appropriate loan conditions.
- Assists Processing Department with problematic files to expedite submissions.
- Effectively explains rationale behind credit decision to internal customers and/or auditors.
- Answers program guideline and borrower qualification questions from loan consultants and processors.
- Communicates effectively with internal staff to maintain high level of customer service.
- Calculates complex income scenarios.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School Degree or equivalent required and a minimum of six (6) + years of successful professional experience within the mortgage lending industry preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) + years of successful Conventional, FHA, and VA underwriting experience required.
- Valid and current FHA Direct Endorsement (DE) certification required and SAR certification preferred.
- Proficiency in Desktop Underwriter (DU) and Loan Prospector (LP) Programs required.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America's Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.