Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by The Beach Company
This position's primary function is to offer full-time delivery services supporting the company's headquarter offices, and local affiliations. Other functions included in the scope of this position relate to mail services, inventory supplies, business transportation, and special company projects.
- Transports all out going deliveries to the proper destinations according to company deadlines. Retrieves and returns in- coming deliveries from outside vendors, business partners, and other affiliated companies.
- Operates a company provided vehicle by adhering to all traffic regulations, and by taking responsibility for the general upkeep and maintenance of the vehicle. Responsible for the routine service of the vehicle to include oil changes, tires, general maintenance, etc.
- Provides business related transportation for the purpose of shuttling employees, guests, and VIPs to and from company events, the airport, related business locations.
- Prioritizes daily courier services to incorporate deliveries to and from standard locations across the Charleston area. On occasion will fulfill these services to the Columbia, SC area and other locations extending to even further distances.
- Oversees the mail distribution by retrieving and receiving items from the Post Office to include sorting and issuing the items to the addressee or location. Prepares the outgoing mail for delivery on a daily basis.
- Surveys the inventory of supplies (copier paper, mailing supplies, etc.) and maintains an adequate stock in the mail room for all employee usage.
- Maintains postage meter equipment by operating and inspecting the equipment and resolving issues via technical support.
- Takes special assignments as requested by the Executive management staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required. Some college level courses desired.
- Previous delivery and/or customer service experience preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license