IOP facilitator/ Substance abuse counselor
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by BayMark Health Services
MedMark services is dedicated to providing individualized treatment integrating pharmacotherapy, clinical counseling, recovery support and medical services.
MedMark, addiction treatment programs deliver medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of modalities and settings. As the largest specialty organization addressing the opioid crisis, we have unlimited opportunities for those looking to make a difference. At MedMark, we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our patients, not just talking about it. We are committed to treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture that fosters excellence in all that we do.
Title: Full Time Substance Abuse Counselor
Location: Mount Vernon, MD
Schedule: M-F 5:30am - 2:00pm
Primary Job Function:
Substance abuse counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting programs and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts group sessions and individual sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Additionally, counselor will evaluate patients' progress during therapy. Substance abuse counselors may also need to collaborate with doctors, nurses and therapists for patients' therapy and treatment for best overall outcome.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts individual initial assessment and evaluation interviews for service eligibility determination
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of counseling services to all patients
- Provide individual and group counseling services; direct service hours at regularly scheduled intervals; coordinate all services throughout treatment
- Facilitates intakes or assist with intake process
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment.
- Ensures accurate and current clinical records are maintained in accordance with Federal and State Regulations governing NTP clinics
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Must have current CSC-AD, CAC-AD, CPC-AD, LCPC, and LCADC as a Counselor at The Professional Board of Counselors & Therapist State of Maryland
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals a plus. Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Free CEUs
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals' life
- Tuition Reimbursement
What to expect from us:
MedMark a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
MedMark is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran's status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.