Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by COMPACT INDUSTRIES, INC.
Supervise the day-to-day activities of the blending department and blending personnel to meet established processing and quality control standards
- Monitor activity in all areas of Blending: Loft, Pre-weigh, Dump Room & Pre-Stage.
- Be present and available to employees and co-workers, physically on the floor and via radio.
- Periodically check-in with key employees such as leads and operators, offering support or guidance when necessary.
- Attend production meetings.
- Provide production schedule for all blending leads & pre-weigh.
- Hand out job assignments to each lead.
- Check loft Inventory.
- Ensure all packaging lines have product when needed.
- Monitor blending and pre-weigh board to ensure accuracy.
- Validate wet wash/ sugar wash/ dry ice cleaning for accuracy.
- Check for allergen blending requirements.
- Print blend sheets.
- Ensure formula addback is consumed before end of run.
- Keep areas clean and organized.
- Monitor equipment.
- Set up the next shift with the necessary materials.
- Enforce GMP's and safety procedures.
- All partial raw materials are put away from pre-weigh.
- Monitor inventory transactions for accuracy.
- Clear accurate communication between shifts, i.e. blending reports, and potential issues.
- Update Supervisor Metrics reports.
- Provide a summary of any non-conforming material occurrences.
- Completion of Company Wide training.
- Completion of Departmental Foundation Training
- Physical inventory
- Back up for off shift Supervisor
- Performance reviews
- 40 employees per shift.
- Provide effective direction and coordination of all manufacturing activities.
- Ability to quickly adapt to schedule changes.
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet or exceed yearly KPI's.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- On average able to lift 50Lbs.
- 85% of the day spent on the production floor.
- Able to operate a forklift.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust priorities.
- Ability to implement change, and continuous departmental improvements.
- Ability to motivate others and encourage TEAM development.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams.
- Bi-lingual English Spanish is a plus.
- 3+ years Supervisory experience in manufacturing / food processing.
- GMP/SOP training.
- HACCP knowledge is a plus.
- Safety training.
- Lean/ Continuous Improvement exposure is a plus.