Assistant Store Team Leader
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Plum Market
Now Hiring - Assistant Store Team Leader - Plum Market
375 North Maple Rd., Ann Arbor, MI
We are committed to offering the very best selections of natural, organic, local, and specialty items in a full-service retail grocery shopping experience. Our aisles are filled with inviting aromas and unexpected delights. Plum Market is not your neighborhood supermarket. It is much, much more. We want nothing less than to revolutionize the way your family shops for food. Our Team Members have a passion to provide the highest quality food and essentials for achieving a better lifestyle. We make our Team Members and our Guests our top priority and deliver the best possible experience through extraordinary service.
Benefits of working at Plum Market
This is a full time position, with flexibility in scheduling.
Competitive Pay, starting at $50,000 annually, depending on experience.
Plum Market is a growing company. With hard work, you will have growth opportunities as well.
Variety of medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and/or your family.
20% off Team Member Discount.
50% off Team Member Lunch Discount.
Ability to participate in the My Rewards program while shopping where you work.
Plum Market offers a desirable and rewarding place to work.
You will learn about organic, all natural, local and specialty foods, products and services.
Employment is contingent on a successful background Check.
The Assistant Store Team Leader (ASTL) is responsible for actively supporting the Store Team Leader in all areas of the store's operation including its financial results. The ASTL must emphasize and role model Plum's Guest service standards. They must observe and enforce quality in execution in each department, adherence to Plum Market policies and monitor all compliance requirements.
- Ability to model and provide exceptional guest service.
- Knowledgeable and Passionate about Natural, Organic, and Specialty products.
- Minimum one year good standing in a Leadership position.
- Must have the ability to lead a team in Guest Service, execution and compliance.
- Must be able to manage payroll and margin.
- Must be self-motivated and quality driven.
- Ability to lead by example and set clear expectations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Stand and walk for up to 4 hours without a break.
- Ability to bend and stoop to grasp objects, climb ladders, lift loads, up to 50 lbs. unassisted, push and pull carts weighing up to 100 lbs. unassisted.
- Model and provide exceptional Guest Service.
- Will train, mentor and coach Team Members to succeed.
- Must achieve and maintain budgeted comps and margins.
- Effectively resolve guest and Team Member issues.
- Meet or exceed the store's payroll budget.
- Approve all departmental labor schedules for proper coverage and adherence to labor budgets.
- Coach and mentor Team Leaders to prepare and administer progressive discipline.
- Effectively communicate with Guests, Team Members and Leadership Support.
- Ensure Team Member compliance of all relevant Plum Market policies and standard operating procedures.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.