Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Southern Air
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Category: Flight Operations
Company: Southern Air
Performs flight planning and flight following functions in compliance with Company manuals, the Operation Specifications and applicable FARs.
- Has joint responsibility with the Captain for the safe dispatch of the airplane.
- Monitors, analyzes, calculates flight factors, airplane performance, operating limitations, MEL/CDL/NEF, weather reports, NOTAMS and creates/updates flight plans.
- Performs flight planning and flight following functions including monitoring changing conditions, uses available information to develop/update flight plans, and when appropriate, communicates information, instructions, and guidance to flight crewmembers.
- Performs flight following duties in accordance with the FAR's and Company policy.
- Maintains Operational Control; operational planning of all movements, initiation, continuation, diversion, termination, and cancellation of all flights planned or conducted.
- Creates an environment that encourages teamwork by:
- Informing management of unique or difficult situations
- Providing on-going assistance to other dispatchers through shift log notes
- Establish and maintain working relationship with employees in pertinent areas such as Maintenance, Crew Scheduling Resources and System Operations
- Completes required dispatch training within the time limits as outlined by the FAR's
- Current FAA Aircraft Dispatcher certificate
- Worldwide geographic familiarity
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at .
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement