Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Quality Counts LLC
Quality Counts, LLC () is a transportation data collection and consulting company. We provide data, statistics, and support to transportation engineers using innovative approaches and industry leading technology. We are looking for a dependable, entry level Field Technician/Traffic Data Collector to work in our Goodlettsville, TN Office.
The ideal candidate will be able to commit to a flexible work schedule with availability to work on short notice. Shifts and hours vary per week; expect to be scheduled for 10-25 hours on any given week. There will likely be upward of 35+ hrs.when we are during our busy periods. It's important to have reliable transportation to and from work, along with a clean driving record. All field work is conducted using a company vehicle. With the nature of the work, some local travel is necessary as we get work outside the immediate area. Beyond assisting the local office, there will be opportunities, if interested/available, for occasional travel to assist our nation-wide operations.
The Part Time Field Technician/Traffic Data Collector plays a vital role in the services that Quality Counts provides. The responsibilities involve being an extension of the leader of the office while working in the field or in the warehouse/office and participate in deploying data collection devices that are designed to count vehicles. The data collection involves programming small traffic counters and attaching them to hollow rubber tubes that are temporarily placed across roadways. These tubes are used to get a total vehicle count, typically over a 24-48 hour period. The other key type of data collection service we offer involves using cameras to film intersections typically over a 2-24 hour period. While it is of great importance, the amount of time spent at the data collection locations is only a fraction of the work week, and the rest will involve driving, data entry, and project preparation and communication with Operations Managers.
Salary: $16 per hour
Daily responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Adhere to all safety guidelines
- Organize equipment needed for daily assignments for yourself and part time technicians
- Drive to various study sites; Deploy and retrieve data collection equipment
- Data upload/download and quality assurance review
- Assist with training of new Technicians
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and abilities:
- Dedicated to working safely
- Organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written
- Good problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Independent worker
- Technologically savvy and able to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, climb ladders up to 20 ft.
- Good navigational and map reading skills, including the use of Google Maps and Garmin GPS
- High school degree/GED strongly preferred
- Valid Driver's License with clean driving record
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to pass drug screens
Quality Counts, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Drug screen will be required upon hire.
10-25 Hours/Week Depending on Workload
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.