Area Sales Manager
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Rust-Oleum Corporation
Summary: Rust-Oleum is a looking for a motivated individual with an eye toward strategically growing both Rust-Oleum's market share and their distribution partner's sales and margin performance across key platforms.
- Maintain regular contact with customers, identify and understand needs, execute on business opportunities to meet or exceed assigned business goals.
- In conjunction with Zone Manager and in response to customer needs, facilitate product recommendations, application, performance and color.
- In conjunction with Zone Manager, facilitate timely and accurate customer quotations and specification writing.
- Work with the Rust-Oleum credit department to manage customer accounts.
- Manage territory budgets.
- Territory covers the states of Colorado, Utah and Wyoming.
- 2 - 4 years of previous outside sales experience is required.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in a business related field or equivalent work experience.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and have maintained a motor vehicle record within acceptable limits as prescribed by Rust-Oleum.
- Prior sales experience within the given geographic territory preferred.
- Prior experience in a sales service role with demonstrated success in customer retention.
- Availability to work and travel within assigned territory 30-40% of time. Periodic evening and weekend hours required for trade organization meetings and customer events.
- Previous coatings experience strongly desired, a focus on industrial coatings and high performance floor coatings is needed.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Must have industrial coatings and floor coating knowledge
- Prefer NACE or similar technical certification
- Must have computer skills, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrate excellent goal development and strategy implementation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Denver, United States
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.