COTA - PRN
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by P.T. Services Rehabilitation
COTA position in our Tiffin area
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
Through a written contract, the occupational therapy assistant is responsible for providing occupational therapy to clients in their assigned clinical setting according to agency or clinic policies. The assistant works under the general supervision of the Occupational Therapist and P.T. Services, Inc. and works in conjunction with the assigned agency or clinic staff.
1. Demonstrates Skillful Performance in the Practice of Occupational Therapy Assistant.
a. Demonstrates overall proficiency, skill and knowledge in the practice of Occupational Therapy Assistant.
b. Identifies and follows safety procedures and medical precautions.
c. Assists in the planning and application of various modalities in the treatment of patients.
d. Seeks to involve significant others in the performance of treatments.
e. Completes documentation in a neat, thorough, and timely manner in accordance with agency or clinic guidelines.
- Utilizes creativity and innovation in the application of occupational therapy principles.
- Promotes independence and efficiency in activities of daily living, mobility, and communication.
1) Dressing, eating, hygiene, homemaking, communication, occupation, mobility, etc.
2) Provide adaptive equipment or self-help devices as needed.
3) Training in use of work simplification and energy conservation.
4) Provide treatments to decrease in pain as appropriate.
2. Functions in a Productive Manner.
a. Completes routine patient treatment procedures in the required time frame.
b. Volunteers for new assignments.
c. Seeks additional assignments when routine volume decreases.
d. Identifies opportunities for expanding volume, services, and caseload.
3. Demonstrates Responsibility and Dependability in the Performance of Job Duties.
a. Completes assignments in a timely manner.
b. Willingly assumes additional responsibility.
c. Demonstrates accountability to supervisor; discusses appropriate issues prior to treatment.
d. Responds appropriately to irregularities in job schedule.
e. Maintains company/agency properly.
f. Demonstrates reliability in job attendance patterns.
4. Demonstrates Positive Communication Skills in All Aspects of Interpersonal Relationships.
a. Develops rapport with patients and family members.
b. Demonstrates good rapport and cooperative working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and colleagues.
c. Uses authority and assertiveness appropriately.
d. Demonstrates cooperation and flexibility in the performance of job duties.
5. Demonstrates Professionalism in the Performance as Occupational Therapy Assistant.
a. Demonstrates commitment to patient, department, agencies serviced, and company.
b. Increases knowledge through independent study, participation in inservices/workshops.
c. Receive and maintain current licensure with appropriate state Occupational Therapy Board.
d. Receive and maintain CPR certification