Sewing Machine Operator
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Lion
The Sewing Operator is responsible for sewing protective garments in compliance with industry standards, manufacturer guidelines, customer requirements and established facility procedures. The Sewing Operator will work with heavier than normal materials (heavy duty fabric for firefighter gear) including leather.
- Operate industrial sewing and Prepare machine by changing needles and thread, oiling and changing bobbin, and securing attachments.
- Sew gear in accordance with job specifications (job cards).
- Mount sewing machine attachments like needles, threads, pattern plates or cutting blades, and adjust machine guides according to the job specifications
- Meet delivery deadlines by working with team to ensure products are made correctly and with good quality and meet production goals set by supervisor.
- Understand quality requirements and how this position affects quality: on time delivery, material tracking, and meeting customer requirements
- Maintain cleanliness and good housekeeping in sewing area
- Demonstrate productivity that drives towards decreased lead time
- Works well with other production associates
- Must be able to follow instructions consistently with minimum supervision
- Must be able to read job cards and follow sewing standards.
- Have the ability with supervisors and all other departments in the plant.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Must follow company rules & regulations
- Ability to multi-task
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED
- 1-2 years industrial sewing experience preferred, but not required
- Previous experience working with industrial sewing equipment
- Must be able to read and comprehend English language instructions
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to work well with a team
- Good attendance record
- Standing, sitting, walking, bending as needed.
- Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges with or without correction.
- Using proper lifting technique may be required to lift objects up to 30 lbs.
- May be required to operate traditional office equipment including computers, copiers, fax machines and telephones if needed.
- Displays ambitious, positive attitude
- Interpersonal skills to build relationships with site leadership and team mates. May be required to occasionally interact with customers.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, work proactively and independently in a fast changing environment
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
Relationships & Contacts:
- Communicates with site leadership, immediate supervisor and team mates. May occasionally come in contact with customers and suppliers and corporate staff.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$40k - $40k Annual
$401k - $401k Annual