Team Member - unit 967 - FM 2493
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Whataburger Ventures LLC
The Team Member is a business partner responsible for fulfilling the purpose of Whataburger by promptly ensuring each customers experience meets or exceeds expectations. The Team Member fulfills these expectations by guaranteeing each customer a hot, freshly-prepared product, of the highest quality ingredients; made to order and promptly served in a comfortable, clean, friendly restaurant.
To begin the path for career success at Whataburger. Team members will participate in a skills development program and will be required to achieve certification in specific stations associated with the position.
• Ensures all products are prepared according to quality standards, as ordered, and delivered to the customer within Whataburger service time standards, with a no excuses mentality.
• Supports food production through the preparation and stocking of various food items as directed by a member of management.
• Promotes excellence in customer relations to the rest of the team.
• Accurately reports all hours worked during a shift or week according to Company policy.
• Performs maintenance tasks as scheduled, or assigned.
• Actively participates in all current sales promotions/marketing events during work time.
• Operates all designated food production or customer service stations, as directed.
• • Achieves certification at the specific stations associated with a position.
• Accurately states all Whataburger menu items, product ingredients, and when these items are available for sale to our customers.
• Stocks the drink, fry, and dining room stations and grill area to assure continuous service is maintained.
• Demonstrates knowledge of proper storage procedures upon delivery of all produce items. Practices First-In/First Out (FIFO).
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships, emphasizing restaurant operations functions within the company and its capacity to serve as a productive team member.
• Supports customer service by stocking stations with an appropriate amount of items to assure continuous service.
• High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
• 0-6 months experience in general industry
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and maintain an effective working relationship with management and co-workers
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Some knowledge of the organization and its functions
• Some knowledge of working practices, procedures and techniques
• Food Safety Certification (may vary based on city, county and state requirements)
WORKING CONDITIONS/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
• Employee and Company will mutually agree on their availability based on needs of restaurants
• Working conditions exist to satisfactorily fulfill job responsibilities
• Must be able to work overtime occasionally
• Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
• Must have the ability to stand during entire shift
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop, lift, shake, stir, pour, carry and push
• Ability to read (Orders on tickets, Menu Board, receipts, etc.)
• Frequent contact/immersion of hands in water, cleaning and sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood and produce items
• Frequent washing of hands