Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by InTransit LLC
Job Title: Dispatcher
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Transport Investments, Inc. Family of Companies, is a privately owned non-asset based transportation company. It has received national recognition as being among the largest forty general commodities carrier groups, and among the largest twenty flatbed/specialized carrier groups in the United States.
- Intensive use of phone and various software to coordinate trucks and available loads
- Update load boards and clear broker carriers
- Issue advances to drivers
- Assist our truck owners, drivers and terminal personnel with problem resolution
- Handle strong customer call volume in a concise and professional manner
- Keeping drivers loaded and planned in various regions Ability to focus on customer freight and their needs as well as knowledge of broker boards to find backhaul loads.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Transportation industry experience preferred
- Understanding of over-dimensional freight movements preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products
- Must be able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good problem solving skills
- Organized and dependable work habits and flexibility to assist as needed
- Experience in the steel and or oversized industry preferred.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.