Medical Science Liaison - CNS/Psychiatry
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by BESTMSLs
Medical Science Liaison - CNS/Psychiatry
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Category: Medical Science Liaison
Reporting to the Director, CNS/Psychiatry MSL Team
Develops and maintains professional relationships with internal and external customers to provide comprehensive medical and scientific support to Client;s initiatives in assigned therapeutic areas. Facilitates education, information exchange, and research activities for physicians and ancillary healthcare professionals regarding current and future therapies in development or commercialized by Client.
Works closely with other Client personnel to ensure information, education, and research needs of healthcare professionals are met and to ensure scientific and technical training needs of commercial organizations are identified and met
Responsible for maintaining annual expenses within assigned budget parameters Responsible for accurate and timely documentation of above activities
The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all Client internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. Client's policies include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives
Routine interactions with R&D, Clinical Development, CMO and Medical Affairs Teams, Regulatory Affairs, and Commercial leadership as needed. External interfaces include: Thought Leaders and other external experts or health care professionals within the CNS/Psychiatry therapeutic area
- Identify, develop and maintain professional relationships with thought leaders, academic centers and researchers in assigned areas of therapeutic interest to ensure access to current medical and scientific information on Client's products.
- Support research initiatives as requested by Client R&D, Clinical Operations, Medical Affairs Departments, and physician- initiated projects. Serve as internal medical and scientific resource to assigned Client's therapeutic areas with respect to planning for and developing communications and other materials on product information. Consistent with regulatory guidelines, ensure medical accuracy and balance of information to be disseminated.
- Upon request, present data on Client products to healthcare professionals including physicians, academic institutions, researchers, and other health care professionals. Upon request, provide approved information to clients to ensure access to current medical and scientific information necessary. Support Round Table and Advisory Board sessions to ensure accuracy of and clinician access to up-to-date scientific and clinical data.
- Provide support for payer-facing activities to public and commercial managed markets. These activities may include delivering clinical and pharmacy presentations, presentation development and review with Payer Team colleagues, providing scientific support for medical policy initiatives, training, and product differentiation.
- Conducts on-going training to medical affairs, field sales and other internal personnel as directed. Ensures up to date knowledge of product use and competitor data. Serves as local medical and scientific resource to Client's Product planning for communication of product information.
Pharm.D,., Ph.D., or other recognized doctorate level education with supporting applicable health science background.
Preferred minimum 3 year total specific industry experience (pharma, device, etc) and minimum 4 years post professional degree practice or relevant transferable experience (clinical practice, academic research, regulatory/scientific).
Experience in Neurology, Psychiatry and/or Internal Medicine disciplines preferred.
• Knowledge of applicable pharmaceutical industry legal and regulatory guidelines
• CNS Therapeutics area expertise, preferred
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point and other software skills
• Planning, organizational, project management, time management and analytical skills
• Conveys information clearly, using a variety of media, to individuals and groups
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong presentation and teaching skills
• Ability to convey clinical and non-clinical technical information effectively
• Ability to engage the audience and help them understand and retain messaging
• Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
• Ability to learn clinical and non-clinical technical information
• Ability to work independently and in a team structure
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple priorities
• Demonstrated success at maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or environment.
• Ability to adjust effectively to work within new processes, requirements or cultures.
• Strong Planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to travel 50-60%• Strong team and leadership skills
• Ability to influence key decision makers