Account Manager- Minerals & Nutrients
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by balchem
- This is a position that offers excellent growth potential both for the business and for the individual who can deliver results in a complex, rapidly changing work environment.
- Manage, develop, and lead sales and market development efforts for his/her assigned territory
- Lead development and implementation of sales strategy in assigned territory to capture opportunities at key accounts and identify key segments for growth
- Achieve sales goals and budget targets for assigned territory
- Actively engage and participate with cross functional team members in order to execute and achieve Minerals & Nutrients strategy and growth objectives.
- Positively interact and collaborate with other sales team members, key Minerals & Nutrients leaders and Balchem leaders to achieve Minerals & Nutrients strategy and growth objectives.
- Foster and create customer loyalty through high professional conduct and practices that focus on and are consistent with Balchem core values.
- Develop strong and compelling sales strategies and execution plans for assigned territory on existing and new Minerals & Nutrients products.
- Develop, implement and manage plans and systems to nurture and grow sales with existing customers and target, develop and convert new customers, all for the purpose of maximizing sales and profitability and achieving strategy and growth objectives.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Sales territory primarily in the West, targeting accounts for sales of choline in human nutrition, microencapsulated nutrients (Vitashure), and Albion Minerals.
- Implement programs for Food Fortification with the Vitashure, Choline and Albion Minerals product lines, targeting accounts as directed by the Business Director.
- Develop strong technical knowledge of products offered for sale, including therapeutic benefits and applications.
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant information to management, including sales call reports and monthly work progress reports.
- Establish and maintain membership in appropriate trade associations, such as IFT, NIA- West, NNFA.
- Follow and enforce all safety policies and procedures including use of company safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards. Work to advance and promote the safety culture of Balchem.
- Undergraduate degree in a business or technical discipline; MBA or other post-graduate degree is preferable.
- Five years professional sales experience in the food, human nutrition or pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent cross-functional and interpersonal skills; able to effectively interact and collaborate with all levels of complex organizations.
- Strong leadership, motivational and presentation skills; effective planning, organization and time management skills; strong attention to detail and follow-up.
- Works successfully both independently and within team settings.
- Excellent sales and negotiating skills, technical, communication, presentation, energetic, motivated, personable, multi-task, oriented, growth oriented, abilities to cultivate and maintain relationships, independent (capable of working alone in a large geographic area).
- Proficient operation of typical office equipment; computer skills and proficiency with typical office and business software; telephone skills.
- Works in a home office environment, travels to customer locations, trade shows and related customer or business driven activities. Must drive / fly to customer locations as required in the execution of position responsibilities. Overnight travel requirements may reach 40%. Operation of automobile.
- Works in office and field locations subject to physical and environmental conditions.