Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Cloudstream
Cloudstream is working with a Global IT Consultancy that is currently running a project on site Global Bank. A new opportunity has arisen for a z/OS Systems Programmer with technical, domain level and specialist skills to ensure that all the engineering services are operated, maintained and constantly upgraded as technology advances.
Rate: £300-350/day inside IR35
Contract: 6 months rolling
- Upgrading, maintaining and supporting the z/OS operating system
- Upgrading, maintaining and supporting ISV products particularly from the vendors; IBM and Computer Associates (CA)
- Production support
Experience and qualifications:
- Must have extensive experience of Mainframe systems programming. This is essential to the role
- Must have knowledge of a combination z/OS, SMP/E, TSO/ISPF, USS, SDSF, JCL.
- Must have knowledge of IBM and CA Products and be able to work independently.
- Must have excellent problem determination skills and be a true team player.
- You will be required to provide off hours support for the implementation of software changes and support for other projects requiring software expertise as well as be part of an on-call rota
- Set and achieved challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Built effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
- Have some experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own and others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes