Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
My Client urgently needs a experienced Netcool/Tivoli Engineer to start ASAP for a project in London.
The candidate will be required to undertake a variety of Netcool Engineering tasks including:
- Patching, migration and upgrading IBM Tivoli Netcool software components
- Probe rules files development for Tivoli EIF, Socket and SNMP
- Development of ObjectServer triggers and procedures
- Writing Netcool Impact policies
- Bespoke script development (Perl, Shell, etc)
- Integrations with a variety of third party tools and solutions
The candidate will have significant experience in the following IBM Tivoli products
- Core Netcool components, specifically
- Omnibus (8.x)
- Webtop/WebGUI (8.1)
- Impact (7.1)
- Socket, MTTRAPD and EIF Probes
- Able to manually interpret Vendor MiBS and convert these into SNMP rules files
- Web technologies: JSP, SOAP, rest etc.
- Software Development Lifecycle techniques and methodologies
- JIRA/Git/Bitbucket and Pull Requests
- Strong testing methodology and experience (ideally in HP ALM)
- Splunk/integration with Netcool
You will have:
- A strong background in the UNIX command line, Perl and Shell Scripting
- General Windows and Unix admin level experience
- Database (Oracle) experience
- SQL Scripting
You will be:
- A good verbal and written communicator (English)
- A self-motivated, self-starter able to take the initiative and display problem solving capabilities
- Delivery focused and able to respond to requests within tight deadlines
- Work well in a team
- A structured, methodical thinker, with a strong attention to detail.
Apply for an interview next week.