Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Sola Technology Ltd
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to support our rapidly growing user community and help drive customer success. Our Solutions (Pre-Sales) Engineers are the primary technical field experts, responsible for actively driving and managing the technical part of a sales engagement. This includes explaining NoSQL advantages, how our Server works and how it can be used to solve the customer's problem, all with a good dose of getting customers excited about using this new approach for fast & scalable databases.
Whenever customers do a POC or hands-on evaluation, our solutions engineers help drive these by answering their questions and troubleshoot, so you will be hands on with technology.
- Show customers how to solve their problems and meet their requirements with our Server and get them excited about NoSQL database technology
- Work closely with the sales team on account strategy and identifying additional opportunities in existing accounts
- Ensuring the success of customer PoC/Pilots through effective management of acceptance criteria and issue escalation/resolution.
- Developing and delivering exceptional company/product presentations and demonstrations
- Work with all technical levels from managers, to architects and developers and explain our Server and its uses
- Be the technical product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on the NoSQL competitive landscape
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to provide feedback from the field and represent the customer perspective
- Identify and write internal and external technical collateral, like typical deployment architectures or best practices
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field is required
- At least four years experience in pre-sales engineering for enterprise Back End software, ideally a distributed system
- Two years experience with traditional RDBMS including schema modelling, performance tuning and configuration
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely from small to large audience
- Experience engaging with developers and programming experience in at least one of Java/.NET/PHP
- Hands-on administration and troubleshooting experience with x86 operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac OS), networking and storage architectures
- Demonstrated passion for diving into technical issues and solving customer problems
- Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills and qualities
- Well organised, can engage with many customers at the same time
- Prior experience in a fast-paced startup environment highly desired
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases or other distributed high-performance systems a big plus