Microsoft Dynamics Finance Functional Analyst
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Hampton Roads Transit
Microsoft Dynamics Finance Functional Analyst with proven experience on the full capability of Microsoft Dynamics application with emphasis on General Ledger, Purchasing and Contract Management, Project Accounting, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, Budgeting and Grant Accounting to work with multiple teams composed of technical and business analysts to provide support and lead team to utilization of Microsoft Dynamics to its full capacity.
Individual must be well versed in functional aspects of various Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations modules with insight into technical aspects.
Individual must be able to define requirements based on current functionality and SME knowledge, as well as be able to map requirements to test scripts and validate not only documented requirements but validate current functionality against identified business processes and test scenarios. Expertise in working closely with technical resources to map functional design to technical design is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Duties listed are neither intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRTs EMS
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRTs Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan
Provide On-going Support
- Functional liaison with technical team for issues or enhancements needing IT support. Including working with users to provide applicable functional specifications and system testing of patches and enhancements
- Provide daily user support and troubleshooting of issues
- Work with functional users to ensure continuous effective use of system to include utilizing additional delivered functionality
- Work with functional team to gather and document requirements to apply system solutions to business problems.
- Provide power user support in creation of custom forms and reports for shared team use
- Provide leadership in the development of functional skills in others through active knowledge sharing
- Assist in managing requests from stakeholders following the change management process.
- Develop change request business cases (ie define the problem, pros, cons, suggestions, cost/benefit analysis; recommendations)
- Provide on-going formal internal training as needed
- Working with team on requirements for RFPs.
- Assist in evaluation of proposals in response to solicitations.
- Perform other functional analyst support duties as needed
Periodic Formal System Review for Effective utilization and Productivity improvements:
As requested lead to:
- Identify and document business process challenges
- Identify Business Process re-engineering opportunities for existing and future modules and processes
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
- Understanding of relational database principles and methods
- Exemplified superior knowledge in understanding of business requirements, processes and implementation approaches for four or more of the following Microsoft Dynamics modules: General Ledger, Purchasing and Contract Management, Project Accounting, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, Budgeting and Grant Accounting.
- Superior technical proficiency creating and updating custom reports utilizing Management Reporter, BI Cubes, SQL Server Report Builder and other available tools.
- Provide experience modifying forms and creating new custom forms with SSRS
- Working knowledge of project management principles and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of automated systems testing procedures, data conversion analyses, transaction processing and troubleshooting application.
- Must be able to QA test development work and work with the technical development team to ensure customer requirements are met
- Advanced knowledge of Finance business practices, workflow analysis, business systems design, and process re-engineering.
- Proven experience in requirement gathering, fit/gap analysis, documenting design, test planning and execution, training strategy, and overall implementation planning.
- Accountable and strong rapport with technical counterpart and user community.
- Must have strong writing skills and able to create functional specifications, design documents, training materials, test scripts, etc.
- Superior technical proficiency with SQL for reviewing data, troubleshooting and testing/validating source system data.
- Demonstrated skill in verbal and written communications, making presentations before groups and committees, and working and/or leading effectively and cooperatively with staff and management.
- Demonstrated skill in analysis and problem solving including determining priorities, producing fully developed quality recommendations to decision makers.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of best practices in quality customer service.
- Willing to provide leadership in the development of functional skills in others through active knowledge sharing.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills Essential to Job Functions:
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance assigned work is essential. Basic problem-solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
Advanced knowledge of MS Office products (with emphasis on Excel, Project, and Visio (or other flowcharting software).
Training and/or Education:
BA /BS degree in Business Administration or Management Information Systems or other closely related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Combined minimum of 5 years of operational and implementation experience with Microsoft Dynamics Finance and Operations (AX2012 and/or D365).
- 8 + years proven ERP system implementation experience
- 2+ full Microsoft Dynamics Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) implementations
- Worked as Financials Functional Lead 2+ implementation and/or upgrade projects.
- A minimum of 8 years working in a functional/business analyst role supporting financial systems.
- Experience with workflow approval configuration and processing
- Proven experience developing KPI based reports.
- Proven experience configuring Financial statements.
Nice to Have: Experience working with a Transit agency
Licenses or Certificates:
Virginia Drivers License
This position is classified as essential personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires high-speed operation of keyboard devices. Also requires lifting and transferring of computer equipment as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis.