Senior Loan Specialist - Work from home during COVID
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by United Church of Christ, National Setting
Title Senior Loan Specialist - Work from home during COVID,
Ministry Team Church Building & Loan Fund
Reports To Executive Director
FLSA Status Non-exempt
Full-Time/part time Full-Time
Category National and Global Ministries, Cleveland, Ohio
We are reviewing applications and looking to hire immediately. The safety of our employees is our top priority. So, during the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be a remote position.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Church Building and Loan Fund (CB&LF) is a resource of the United Church of Christ. It is dedicated to assisting new local congregations with the purchase of their first building. This is accomplished in partnership with the congregation and the Conference. In conducting its mission and ministry it seeks to develop mature and vital, multicultural, multiracial, accessible to all, justice oriented UCC congregations from young or renewing churches.
The general purpose of this position is to assist in the closing of new loans, servicing of existing loans, management of the loan portfolio, and functions related to the Special Mortgage Recovery Program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares loan terms and conditions of title commitment for Loan Servicing and Partner Relationships;
- Locates title company to be used if church doesn't designate specific title company for loan closing process;
- Orders mortgage title report and discuss concerns of report with title agent, church and/or their attorney;
- Prepares loan documents (promissory note, mortgage/deed of trust, etc.);
- Prepares loan closing instruction letter (addressed to title company);
- Prepares check request or wiring instructions for closing fees/initial disbursements;
- Setup all new loans on Trinergy mortgage accounting system;
- Maintain servicing of new loans on mortgage accounting software for the life of loan (posting payments, disbursements, adjustments, revisions, etc.);
- Prepares One-Time ACH Authorization forms and incoming wire forms for mortgage payments;
- Tracks Security documents (follow-up to assure all original documents [promissory note, deed of trust, final ALTA policy, hazard insurance] are received);
- Prepares Satisfaction of Mortgages/Deeds of Reconveyance on paid in full loans and submits to agent for release of liens on title of church property;
- Prepares Satisfaction of Special Mortgages/Deeds of Reconveyance on paid in full special mortgages for release of liens on title of church property;
- Prepares Modification Request (statistical sheet and proposal) for churches to be submitted to Loan Review Committee;
- Prepares proposal to submit to Loan Review Committee on behalf of church requesting Modification of loan terms;
- Prepares Action Letter which describes in detail the voted action approved by the Loan Review Committee;
- Maintains loan data of the Special Mortgage Recovery Program on such programs and databases as FileMaker Pro and Excel;
- Maintains loan date of active loans (Board of Directors Voted Actions, Loan Review Committee Voted Actions) on such programs as Excel and Microsoft Word;
- Prepares special mortgage renewal agreements and upon receipt, submit to title agent for recording;
- Notifies churches with special mortgages of obligations on annual basis;
- Maintains ongoing communications with all active borrowers on at least a semi-annual basis, including a once per year communication requesting each church's annual income statement and balance sheet.
- Responds to all inquiries via email and by phone made by existing borrowers for life of their loan;
- Advises the Executive Director and Assistant Director on general and specific matters related to needs/concerns expressed by borrowers, observation on loan products and CB&LF programs/services, other opportunities and/or challenges identified from communications with active borrowers.
- Assists Staff in performing other servicing related duties as requested and assigned;
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree in business; in lieu of a degree, minimum four years of experience in mortgage banking and loan servicing procedures.
- A thorough understanding of the mortgage loan closing process including security document preparation and escrow loan processing;
- Good working knowledge of, and previous experience in mortgage banking and loan servicing procedures;
- A clear understanding of the nuances of church building loans (vs loans by traditional banks and other lenders); the products and services tailored to church borrowers, and the needs, challenges, and opportunities in the field of church-owned real estate.
- Knowledge of housing, economic/community development financing; familiarity with such loans that may have multiple sources of debt and equity possibly including church loan funds, tax credits, public and private grant subsidies, with experience in closing such loans;
- Well organized and detail-oriented;
- Self-starter with ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload;
- Willingness to take appropriate initiative for the effective operation of the Fund;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills;
- Ability to perform within a collaborative team-oriented office;
- Commitment and sensitivity to the variety of local church traditions and cultural and ethnic backgrounds represented in the United Church of Christ;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Filemaker Pro, Outlook and Internet;
- Clear understanding of the need for confidentiality.
- Ability to travel as required
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required for the position and are subject to review and change at any time in accordance with the needs of the ministry. Since no job description can detail all duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a position, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a position shall also be considered part of the position holder's responsibility.
It is expected that the person who holds this position will conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the policies of the UCC and in a manner that will reflect positively on the organization. All staff are encouraged to nurture safety within the work performed on behalf of the UCC by being attentive to self-care, education, maintaining appropriate boundaries, and the importance of referring those in need to supportive and helpful resources.
Comprehensive Benefits Package Employer paid Health, Dental, LTD, Life and Pension benefits. Application Deadline July 3, 2020
About the Organization
The United Church of Christ
Our faith is 2000 years old. Our thinking is not.
We believe in God's Continuing Testament.
We believe in Extravagant Welcome
We believe the church's mission is to Change Lives