Oracle Development DBA - London
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Spring Technology
Oracle Development DBA- £45,000-£50,000- London
Spring are working in partnership with an internationally renowned payments provider to source an excellent Oracle Development DBA for a permanent role in London. The successful candidate will join the software engineering team and work on products spanning multiple industries. The team is based in London but consists of offshore members as well. The main focus will be on developing and improving the high availability, failover and the resilience capabilities of the solution but also supporting the development choices of the consumer.
* Develop, implement and prove high availability, failover and the resilience options and recommend changes to the application to support these.
* Provide guidance on best practices for replication & archiving and assist the teams with implementations.
* Support various deployment options Active-Passive, Active-Active, clustering etc.
* Work on containerization and cloud deployment.
* Provide mechanisms and guidance to enable rolling updates of the database structure and data as part of a CD/CI pipeline and customer upgrades.
* Investigate, prove and recommend tools and approaches.
* Install, maintain and support the Development and QA databases.
* Assist with the performance tuning of the application.
* Provide, review and update materials to support customer installation, upgrades, maintenance and operational housekeeping of their deployment of the solution.
* Carry out research and PoCs to prove potential additions to the solution and provide recommends.
* Assist the teams with database design and script creation, providing guidance, patterns, best practices and standards and enforce those standards.
* Ensure Data and Application Security.
* Troubleshoot complex database issues.
* 5+ years' experience as a DBA working with either Postgres, Oracle or MSSQL.
* Strong working knowledge of RDBMS performance tuning.
* Strong working knowledge of RDBMS high availability solutions.
* Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues related to databases and influence decision making.
* Experience working on large products for external enterprise customers.
* Proven ability/experience to work with virtual teams.
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£75 - £100 Daily
£90 - £120 Daily
£25k - £27k Annual