Head of Software
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by TD Group Limited
Head of Software Exciting new Technology CAD/CAM/CAE, Milton Keynes
Working in conjunction with a highly regarded International University our client has created a well-funded start up organisation. Their technology has already won prestigious awards. They already have a sales pipeline and have received substantial external investment.
This patented technology has the ability to make a huge impact in the world of Industry 4.0 with the capability to optimise the manufacture of large metal components with low cost and short production lead times through the digitisation & automation of manufacture.
They are now looking for a Head of Software as an important strategic role responsible for bringing the existing working product control software completely up to date. Ready for full scale commercial use with global international customers.
The Head of Software responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Management Team to set up the strategy for all Product software development for the company plus provide regular updates of progress to the board.
- Build and shape the software team, establish clear organisational structures and succession plans. These will include individual responsibilities, accountabilities and personal development for all software development staff in line with planned growth
- Ensure that the skills and experience of the software team is consistent with the technological and business needs of the client for providing quality in present and future products
- Setup professional coding standards for the company ensuring consistent code quality and a good level of maintenance.
- Implement project management tools to monitor, manage and provide progress on all software development activities
- Decide, coordinate and be responsible for all outsourcing work
- Work effectively with the Operations team, especially customer support engineers to ensure delivery against agreed priorities and deadlines, to meet current and future user needs
- Participate in budget planning for software development
- Contribute to the technology roadmap
The ideal candidate will have:
- A development background with proven technical and commercial expertise to implement a programme of strategic change for all software development
- A proven background of working in a CAD/CAM & CAE environment
- Knowledge and experience of producing productised Embedded process control software
- Will have excellent spoken and written communication skills and can accurately obtain the requirements from customers, internal stakeholders as a trusted advisor
- Extensive experience of supervising and managing teams of software developers with different capabilities whilst providing strong leadership, organisational and motivational skills
- A good level of technical knowledge to be able to create, drive, innovate and assess technical solutions across a wide range of software technologies, processes and platforms such as: Python, C#, C/C++, Database design.
- Familiarity of a multi partner approach, internal, System Integrator, outsourced suppliers
- Expertise in managing finance, capacity and resource to ensure best overall outcome
- Delivery focussed; action orientated
This is an important role in the company s strategic drive forward, as such a highly competitive salary of around £65k pa is offered, plus excellent bonus, extensive pension and benefits package.
Share options may also be available at the right stage of the company s growth.
TD Group Limited acts as an employment business for interim positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. TD Group is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£80k - £100k Annual