DevOps Platform Engineer
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Felix Tech UK Ltd
Candidate should be SC Cleared or eligible.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supports the evolution of our DevOps culture and working practices across development and operations, encouraging simplicity, efficiency, ownership and accountability
- Supports our architectural agenda by providing advocacy for automation across the IT department
- Ensures that a strong engineering discipline exists around our Continuous Delivery practice, including the use of version control, build and deployment automation, configuration management, etc.
- Champions operational and service management requirements within our Continuous Delivery practice, seeking ways to enhance what we do through automation, including environment and network provisioning (internal and public cloud), backup and DR needs, log management, monitoring, alerting, security patching, service reporting and incident response, etc.
- Ensures that an integrated and consistent approach is taken across our software & infrastructure engineering teams to ensure continued efficiency and to keep our operational overheads low
- Able to communicate progress as required and work as part of a cross-functional team
- Be familiar with Agile delivery methodologies
- Support existing estate hosted on Linux and Windows OS
- Support new Tableau Server Projects Experience with AWS, Terraform and Linux
- Collaborate closely with NHS Improvement and other business stakeholders
- Resolve infrastructure incidents and change requests in partnership with internal colleagues
- Deploying from Gitlab, not local machines
Technical Skills Required:
- Linux and/or Windows Systems Administration. Ideally both but must have a willingness to support both environments
- Shell Scripting (BASH & Powershell)
- AWS - EC2/S3/Cloudformation/Terraform/S3 in particular
- Team City
Good to Have:
- Sensu monitoring