Information Security Analyst
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Medical Protection Society
We are looking for an Information Security Analyst to join our Digital & Change team. Your role will be to support the Information Security Manager in carrying out technical assessments and remediation of activities across the MPS network, systems and software applications.
- Work on and drive security-related projects, to ensure security requirements have been met and call out any risks identified against our Risk Appetite.
- Proactively identify vulnerabilities and inappropriate security controls with a remediation plan to bring back with our Risk Appetite.
- Liaise with relevant teams in specialist areas to manage security, contractual and regulatory requirements a are met.
- Assist the conduct of security audits detailing recommendations, improvements and corrective actions.
- Perform day-to-day operational monitoring and remediation of security threats and vulnerabilities via logical security tools and products. Escalate any security concerns to the Information Security Manager for consultation.
- As the compliance and information security landscape continually changes, keep abreast of evolving legislation and best practice; identify and recommend opportunities for MPS to become more efficient and effective in managing compliance and information security risk.
- Deputise for the Information Security Manager for assigned areas of responsibility.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will bring with you significant experience of information security from a technical and compliance perspective. You will have strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to relay information to both technical and non-technical individuals.
Naturally you will have excellent IT skills including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware and security. Combined with this you will have a working knowledge of security domains, auditing standards and risk analysis frameworks including ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials etc.
You'll be able to keep a calm demeanour and work efficiently when dealing with threats and at times of high demand.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world's leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members' side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£65k - £65k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£600 - £650 Daily