Indirect Tax Manager (VAT Advisory)/Insurance/Up to £70,000
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Ventula Consulting
Fully Qualified, Big Four trained Tax professional wanted by one of UK's leading and most successful insurance companies for a newly created Indirect Tax Manager Advisory role.
The Indirect Tax VAT Advisory role will sit within this insurance firms leading Tax function and will focus on Advisory for Indirect Tax (VAT).
You will be responsible for providing industry leading guidance and advice to the business to ensure their meet their objectives. The Indirect Tax Advisory role will provide the opportunity to support on the strategic restructuring of the indirect tax team.
The Indirect Tax VAT Advisory role will focus primarily on the UK market with wider scope to cover EMEA.
The role will suit manager level candidates with solid experience with indirect tax advisory within the insurance industry. This may be as a secondee via the Big Four or direct industry experience.
INDIRECT TAX VAT ADVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- The provision of Indirect Tax VAT Advisory to key stakeholders from across the business including - but not limited to - Finance, Tax Directors and C-suite
- Maintain ongoing analysis of the impact of legislation to the business
- Maintain regular communication with key stakeholders to inform them of any pertinent changes in legislation
- Providing advisory to the business to ensure the mitigation of risk
- Support with Indirect Tax audits
- Engage with the wider indirect tax community and advisory to acquire and utilise advice
- Review of quarterly UK VAT
- Maintain a professional approach. Ensuring you are up to date with changes in legalisations and current trends. Attend networking evens and training courses to improve knowledge and the businesses Tax function brand/reputation.
- expert level knowledge of and experience with EU VAT
- Strong experience of Indirect Tax Advisory within Financial Services, ideally Insurance
- Experience of facing off to Senior Directors
- Qualified Accountant
- Expertise in Tax Advisory (background/qualified in Law preferred)