Director, US Medical Strategy and Execution Lead - Alzheimer's Disease
Posted on Jul 30, 2020 by Biogen
About the Worldwide Medical team:
Worldwide Medical, a credible partner to other Biogen functions, helps inform medical practice across our therapeutic areas and pipeline to improve measurable and meaningful patient outcomes.
As an agile, world-class organization, we are the translational bridge between science, the healthcare community, and patient care. We work to ensure Biogen makes medically relevant drugs that reach the people who need them. As a trusted partner alongside R&D and Commercial, we collect scientific and medical insights to design and collaborate on research studies across the full lifecycle of drug development.
We take pride in being a strategic scientific advisor to payers, providers, and patients. By generating high-quality data insights about diseases and treatments and translating those findings, we help KMEs, HCPs, payors, and regulators make informed decisions for people with these serious conditions. We ensure that the voice of the patients is heard, considering their feedback and experience with our therapies.
About this position:
The Director, US Alzheimer's Disease Medical Strategy and Execution Lead is responsible for leading the US Alzheimer's Disease Medical Launch plan, initiatives and execution. The Director will provide leadership, prioritization, coordination and project management for US Alzheimer's Disease Medical Strategic launch activities (across initiatives and functions), develop appropriate metrics and ensure tracking towards goals. Additionally this role will lead, coordinate, and facilitate ad hoc projects to drive key strategic initiatives that facilitate business agility, customer focus and ensure compliance standards. The Director will work toward maximizing consistencies/synergies across the AD medical team and will be the PoC for alignment with other US Alzheimer's Disease Functions. This role encompasses oversight of the pull-through of Medical Operations Centralized Services as well as input into the Operations Center. All these key components are within Worldwide Medical Operations so we can work across the business in an aligned and coordinated way.
- Lead critical planning meetings to develop objectives and implement strategies and procedures
- Drive key written communications and manage information flow and ensure appropriate communication cascade among the matrixed medical and cross-functional organization
- Act as delegate for the Head of AD in meetings (as appropriate)
- Project and practice consistent ownership attributes, which provide a high level of customer service at all points of contact
- Drive a strong culture and environment that will foster accountability, teamwork and mutual trust and respect for all team members
- Establish best-practice methodologies to develop and drive creative solutions
- Provide leadership and operational expertise across global networks
- Inspire confidence among our key customers
- Instill a continuous improvement mindset into the organization
- Develop meaningful metrics and KPIs to track launch readiness in the US
- Ensure focus and drive while acting as a connector within the AD medical organization and within the cross-functional team
- The Director, US AD Medical Strategy and Execution Lead must possess strategic vision, excellent communication skills, proven motivational capabilities, have an executive presence, and a demonstrated track record of delivering results and achieving goals
Competencies for this individual include:
- Leadership: Establishing Strategic Direction, Driving Execution, Compelling Communications and a Global perspective
- Functional/Technical: Complex Program Management, Business Process/System Improvement, Performance Improvement related experience, Operations Management, and Business Consulting
- Excellent team dynamics skills, with strong team leadership and participation
- Comfort with ambiguity, flexibility and ability to assimilate new knowledge and standards quickly
- Drive for results, sense of urgency
- Demonstrated project/program management, problem-solving, decision-making and facilitation skills
- Effective communicator with all levels of the organization
- Strong business and financial acumen, with demonstrated data analysis and handling skills
- Conflict and change management
This is a highly visible role, which has high potential to impact all Medical employees worldwide. This role requires strong leadership skills, knowledge of biopharma industry standards and practices and experience in Program Management and Business Process. Candidates also must possess the ability to generate enthusiasm and followers, the ability to quickly gain trust and respect of peers and senior leadership, and a track record of successfully driving results through strong partnership with other functions and geographies.
- 10-15 years' experience in bio/pharmaceutical, biotechnology, life science or other GMP compliant industry
- Experience in interfacing with and managing cross-functional teams
- Experience in developing and/or evaluating feasibility for projects/technologies/assets while accounting for technical and business needs
- Strategy and long-range planning experience
- Demonstrated use of data characterization and analysis for business process improvement
- Sound understanding of manufacturing operations and related functions, from Supply Chain planning to product release
- Experience in project/portfolio management and/or finance preferred
- MBA, M.A., M.S. preferred
- B.A. required
The Director, US Alzheimer's Disease Medical Strategy and Execution Lead is responsible for leading the US Alzheimer's Disease Medical Launch plan, initiatives and execution. The Director will provide leadership, prioritization, coordination and project management for US Alzheimer's Disease Medical Strategic launch activities (across initiatives and functions), develop appropriate metrics and ensure tracking towards goals.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.