Occupational Therapist - OVNA
Posted on Aug 12, 2020 by The Overlook Senior Living
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
- Perform comprehensive patient assessments to determine functional deficit and potential and establish a therapeutic program. Develop a therapy plan of care to include goals and discharge plans.
- Document observations and patient's response to treatment. Demonstrate administration of objective, standardized tests and measure performance of evidence-based practice in documentation.
- Communicate and coordinate patient care with other members of the patient's healthcare team.
- Supervise occupational therapy assistants in accordance with regulations and policy
- Provide patient and family teaching related to the patient's occupational therapy program.
- Keep knowledge of OT Theory and practice current and acquire new skills by attendance at workshops, courses, in-services, etc.
- Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy Program
- Licensed as an OT in the state of practice
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows, email and the Internet
- Possess valid MA Driver's License and reliable transportation
Why choose the Overlook
- We offer an excellent benefits package for full and part time positions including; medical, dental, vision and life insurance (effective on day one), a 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition assistance, and paid time off.
- Daycare and Fitness center on site available to all employees.
- Referral bonuses.
- Employee appreciation events.
Located on a beautiful 450 acre campus in Charlton, Massachusetts, The Overlook Retirement Community and Health Center offers 221 independent living residences and a complete continuum of care including post-acute, assisted living, memory care, CARE management services, and skilled nursing for long and short-term care needs. The Overlook sponsored by the Masonic Health System of Massachusetts has a proud tradition of service since 1911.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage all applicants of all ages.