Posted on Aug 27, 2020 by CV-Library
Oxford Gene Technology (OGT) provides world-class genetics research solutions to leading clinical and academic research institutions. With customers in over 60 countries worldwide and ambitious expansion plans, OGT has a strong reputation and increasing share in the large and growing genomic medicine market.
Position: Operations Technician
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: up to £20,000 per annum
Benefits: Competitive salary, Pension - 10% non-contributory, Private Health Insurance, 24 days holiday rising with service, High Street Discount Scheme
Closing date: 24 September 2020
About the role:
An opportunity has arisen in our Operations Team, which is responsible for manufacturing, packing, shipping, health & safety, and facilities management coordination. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, you will work as part of the team carrying out a variety of tasks in the Production process, in particular final product assembly, despatch and warehouse duties.
- Monitoring and maintaining stock levels of materials and reagents within the kit assembly area
- Raising Material Transfer Form requests to replace stock as necessary
- Assisting with Materials Management tasks as directed, including the selection and picking of warehouse items using the iPassport system
- Assisting, when required, with keying orders into the SAGE accounting system
- Assisting with final despatch packing
- Executing and documenting tasks using approved ISO compliant documentation
- Adhering to procedures documented in the Cytocell quality system and ensuring that any non-compliances are reported in a timely manner using approved procedures
- Maintaining a clean and organised working environment at all times
- Ensuring safety related issues are reported, including completing relevant documentation
- A scientific qualification, at least A Level standard or equivalent
- Experience within a production environment
- Good PC literacy
- The ability to work to deadlines within exacting processes in line with guidelines and under close supervision both as part of a team and independently and in a sometimes highly pressured environment.
No agencies please.
You may have experience of the following: Operations Technician, Operations Assistant, Technical Assistant, Production Operative, Production Assistant, Manufacturing, Machine Operator, Production Process Operative, Production Operations Technician, etc.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£20k - £20k Annual
£9.5 - £11.2 Hourly