Full Stack Tech Lead
Posted on Sep 2, 2020 by CV-Library
(**Flexible on Location**)
seaV is a new start-up building the world’s first data driven social and professional network for seafarers.
In line with the launch of their MVP app, seaV are looking for a full stack tech lead to support the team through the MVP trial, build on the existing app design, and work with the founders to establish a tech team as seaV moves towards full launch.
seaV is a data powered professional social network for seafarers, who collectively handle 90% of the world's physical trade ($30 trillion per year).
By building a unique and engaging social platform, with a target of 1m users in 3-5 years, seaV will be the first service to have a daily touch point with all sectors of shipping, generating unique data and driving digital transformation across the shipping industry.
seaV combines automated ship tracking data with the capabilities of social media, enabling seafarers to contextualize and record their unique experience, whilst building a valuable network of like-minded professionals. Long term, seaV aims to become a complete ‘digital backpack’ for seafarers, providing services including finance, insurance, travel and career development.
About the Role
You will be joining the founding team to take responsibility for the technology behind seaV. It will require you to design and manage the user interface (app) and solve complex problems linking the user data to external data sources, particularly using ship tracking data in a unique and innovative environment. You will be called on to support the recruiting process for a full development team as the company grows.
The existing app and tech stack were developed by a contractor who will be available to handover and provide initial support. Currently the team work remotely, however you will have access to office space in London or Manchester if desired. In time we will look towards establishing a semi-remote working environment (COVID dependant) in one of these locations.
Position open immediately
* Own day-to-day technical delivery
* Implement standards and ensure product quality and security
* Full technical support during the MVP (bug fixing, responding to support request, etc.)
* Ownership of building out the tech team as the company grows.
* At least 2 years of commercial engineering team leadership (squad lead / team lead)
* At least an RQF Level 5 qualification (e.g. HND, foundation degree) in a Computer Science discipline or an appropriate industry-recognised certification
* Good experience of developing solutions in AWS
* Demonstratable experience of:
* Native App Development
* REST APIs
* Managed a multi-disciplined team
* Commercial experience of AWS CDK, Lambda, Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon S3
* Implemented cloud-based services
* Architected solutions from scratch
* Project Management
* Skills in:
* Google Maps
* Good communicator – happy to coordinate contact with early users (MVP test crew)
* Commercially minded – work with the founders to develop revenue streams
* Engineering spirit – innovative problem solving
* Flexible – this is just the start for seaV, and we are looking for people who want to grow with the company