Engineering Team Lead
Posted on Sep 11, 2020 by CV-Library
Reporting into the Head of Engineering, this role is responsible for managing our 2nd line network delivery team, our field services delivery engineering team and build engineering team. It’s a hybrid manager / technical role and you’ll lead a team of network, security and voice project engineers who are responsible for the technical delivery of new or changed services.
You will oversee and be required to deliver all technical deployments of our portfolio of services which include, VOIP, IAAS, Cloud Based Services, Wi-Fi, MPLS WAN, LAN or combinations of all services.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
In this role, your duties will include the following:
* Customer satisfaction: You are accountable for the on-time, on-budget delivery of the business strategy. You will ensure the delivery of high-quality services to customers and on-going commercial viability so that our business becomes a trusted partner to all the customers we serve.
* Leadership: You will motivate, mentor and coach manage your team, as defined by the Head of Engineering. You will support direct reports and colleagues in setting priorities and assist in conflict resolution and management of impediments. You will ensure the right stakeholders are fully engaged in corporate initiatives. You will build your team to ensure high quality in our service delivery to customers.
* Resource: You will ensure we have the right quantity and quality of resource to meet the business strategy. You will ensure roles, responsibilities and expectations are communicated to all team members. You are accountable for the overall line management, support and continual professional development of team members including but not limited to; performance appraisal meetings, KPI monitoring, personal developments plans, training and development, to ensure our staff have the support they need to succeed.
* Quality: You are accountable for governing the technical quality of all projects and programmes being managed within your team through governance and validation to ensure that all technical aspects of our projects are managed in line with the company’s standards, contractual commitments and ISO accreditations
* Initiate & deliver: When required you will design, plan and deliver strategic team wide initiatives including but not limited to; system implementation, best practice, policies, methods and continual improvement to ensure the business remains effective and efficient in its delivery. You will work with Project managers to prepare project initiation documents for customers sign-off prior to project commencement. You will take full technical ownership of projects, configure and troubleshoot various network technologies and deliver to contract. You will ensure customer satisfaction and service is considered throughout delivery.
* Escalation: You will ensure items meeting the escalation threshold are escalated using the appropriate escalation method and communication plan. You will support your team members to facilitate resolution within the agreed escalation SLA/OLA so that impediments do not detract from on-time delivery
* Communication & reporting: You will ensure accurate updates are provided to relevant internal stakeholders. You will ensure that any risks to delivery are identified, discussed and reported into your line manager.
* Wellbeing: You will risk assess the workload of yourself and others. Identify solutions and support your team in times of need. Ensure timely intervention to ensure transparency to support and maintain health and wellbeing of all colleagues
* Personal development & innovation: Highlight current operational challenges and offer solutions. You will Identify opportunities for personal training and development for your team to drive innovation.
WHAT TYPE OF PERSON ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The ideal candidate will be a bright and enthusiastic individual who is dedicated to achieving great results, they will ideally have the following skills, attributes, and experience:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels, both internally and externally
* 6 years + technical experience in a service provider, network project role or similar.
* Strong technical understanding of network and security.
* Proven experience working with MPLS technologies including L2/L3 VPN and traffic engineering, OSPF, BGP and QoS across multiple vendors.
* Customer service skills and proven record of liaising directly with customers, vendors, service providers and Telcos.
* Experience in configuring, delivering, and troubleshooting various network equipment and technologies.
* Highly self-motivated
* Ability to work well under pressure within a busy environment and prioritise tasks accordingly
* Committed to delivering high quality work
* Significant line management experience
* Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, time management, organisational and administrative skills
* Proven ability to govern and support multiple technical workstreams simultaneously
They will also preferably have the following skills, attributes, and experience:
* Experience of managing customer relationships and issues
* CCNP level in one or more following areas; Routing and switching, WLAN, Data Centre, Service provider or Security.
LINE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Directing, planning & communication: You are responsible for the direction or your team and for communicating team goals to your team and wider colleagues as appropriate
* Managing finances & resources: You are responsible for deploying the resources within your remit to achieve the business objectives assigned to you.
* Leadership: You are responsible for motivating, mentoring and coaching your team and business colleagues to ensure high quality team performance. You will support direct reports and colleagues in setting priorities and assist in conflict resolution.
* Performance management: You are responsible for the performance management of your team. You should ensure that you deliver both formal performance management appraisals based upon the appropriate job descriptions for your team and undertake any day to day meetings and communication required to direct your team effectively. Ensure that you are accessible and that you support full team inclusivity, enabling all team members to contribute to achieving business goals you and the team have been assigned.
* Managing attendance: You are responsible for ensuring your direct reports and team are aware of the appropriate corporate policies for managing unplanned, sickness and annual leave and how to report unplanned absence
* Performance appraisals: You are responsible formal and informal performance appraisals
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£25k - £35k Annual
£40.8k - £45.3k Annual
£31.7k - £36.3k Annual
£370 - £410 Daily
£300 - £300 Daily
£45k - £45k Annual